In collaboration with the HIAS NY Director and legal staff, and in consultation with the City Council Sex Trafficking Working Group and NYC service providers sex trafficking, the Outreach Coordinator, Russian-Speaking Victims of Sex Trafficking and Sex Trade Workers develops and implements a thoughtful, evidence-based outreach project to engage Russian-speaking victims of sex trafficking and sex trade workers; connects them to services as possible, and creates a comprehensive report analyzing findings and providing recommendations for effective engagement with the target population. Subject to continued funding, Coordinator will continue the outreach, solidify a service provider referral database, streamline the referral process, and develop and implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) procedures to assess the impact.This position will run through June 30, 2021 and is subject to continued funding.
- Conducts thorough research of the New York City Russian-speaking sex-trafficking victim population (country of origin, age, socioeconomic background, English language skills, LGBTQ status, health challenges, etc.).
- Identifies culturally appropriate outreach avenues, techniques, resources and allies for the sex-trafficking victim and sex trade worker populations.
- Undergoes internal and external training.
- Identifies community locations which Russian-speaking sex trafficking victims may frequent and be approached in an organic way (e. g. Western Union, ethnic food stores and other ethnic businesses).
- Recruits, trains, supports and supervises up to five peer ambassadors for targeted engagement of this population.
- Develops bilingual outreach materials for Russian-speaking professionals (doctors, immigration and non-immigration attorneys) to be distributed through the City Bar and the NYC chapters of AILA and AMA to help them identify victims of sex trafficking.
- Monitors and revises all outreach activities as needed in an on-going manner.
- Connects sex trafficking victims to needed services as possible and appropriate.
- Provides on-going progress reports to the City Council Sex Trafficking Working Group.
- Creates a final report analyzing findings and providing recommendations for effective engagement with the target population.
- Continues the outreach, solidifies a service referral database, streamlines the referral process and mechanism to connect the target population to services (subject to continued funding).
- Develops and implements M&E procedures to assess the impact.
- Performs other related tasks as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience with sex trafficking victims and sex trade workers required; specific knowledge of the Russian-speaking trafficked and sex trade population preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree preferred, MSW desired.
- Fluency in Russian preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with NYC services providers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task several urgent projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience providing trainings; expert group facilitation skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interview and research abilities required.
- Ability to work with diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website: https://www.hias.org/who/career-and-internship-opportunities
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.