Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that due to Covid-19 outbreak, the start date of employment mentioned in the advert is tentative, subject to normal business of British High Commission. All recruitment campaigns will remain open for applications, we will progress the recruitment process as swiftly as possible and continue to review all applications, monitor progress and developments. We will be in touch with you for the interviews/ should there be further updates on the application, however given the circumstances, kindly expect some delay in response and please reach out to [email protected] if you have any further questions.
Main purpose of the job:
British High Commissioner’s Residence is looking for a talented and passionate Bearer, who is prepared and hold’s willingness to deliver exceptional and uninterrupted service whilst being part of the Bearer team. You will be part of a 2 person team on regular days and paired with a 4 person Bearer team during events.
You are expected to have a real pride for what you do, with the ability to build rapport with the service receivers (High Commissioner and his/her family, residence guests) and the fellow team members.
We expect a warm and welcoming personality, with standards of professionalism. You will be part of the Bearers team, responsible for serving all meals during private and official gatherings, indoors/outdoors, extend sit down pre-plated service, silver service, buffet setup, clearance, setup, dismantling setup, luggage handling, aesthetic setting etc. More mentioned in the roles and responsibilities section.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Expected to work on shift pattern such as morning and afternoon, with expectation of extension in shift during an event day. Also expect to be called for receiving / seeing off considering international red-eye flight pattern.
- Greet and bid farewell to High Commissioner/family/guests on daily arrival and departure, whilst liasoning with Residence gate security.
- Handle all functionalities covered by a service staff, serving inhouse guests, residence occupants, visitors etc.
- Spot check event room, guest room for setup.
- Extend setup assistance and service during cocktail event, tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner, bar service.
- Perform closing duties after the event /meal is over.
- Take rounds carrying an eye for detail to identify general mechanical/engineering related glitch. Report further to the Residence Manager.
- Implement the necessary changes to ensure operational and service compliance.
- Work together as part of a team and ensure appropriate coverage during leaves/holidays.
- Identify operational weakness and opportunities for betterment in the quality of products and services.
- Extend assistance to housekeeping team performing multi-tasking during back to back room turn around.
- Extend assistance to chefs team performing multi-tasking during whole day events.
- Conduct month end inventory of crockery, cutlery, glassware, silverware, artwork etc.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Ordering with the respective off licence supplier for everyday essentials.
- Prepare beverage consumption post completion of every event.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
If the job is suitable for flexible working patterns, please provide details:
There are busy and high demand periods when there are 3-4 events in a day OR a late night with a dinner followed by breakfast the following morning at 0800. On an average, 20-25 events in a month.
Candidate must be able to cope with periods of high pressure and may have to work official holidays and Sundays. Organization pays O.T. for official duty additional hours.
Within a team of four Bearers at the Residence, it is expected to manage daily events between the two. Although you can get in more servers to help during large event.
Essential on arrival:
- Experience in Service related aspects
- Speech clarity
- Eye for detail
- Must be prepared for a show skill of walking with a slaver filled with glasses
- Teamwork skill and attention to detail
Familiarization of wines and their name pronunciation.
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
28 October 2020
Fixed Term, Full-time
South Asia & Afghanistan
British High Commission
INR 22,735 plus a 12% provident fund and 6% Special allowance
1 December 2020
The starting salary will be INR 22,735 plus a 12% provident fund and 6% Special allowance per month.
BHC offers great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
a) Complete the Online Application Form
b) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the competency questions.
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload the appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable). They should also inform their current line managers, else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by ”28th October 2020” midnight (IST).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission.
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
- We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.