Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
The Human Capital Management Department (former Human Resources) leads the people strategy for the Brazil Network of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, providing support to all employees and offering expertise in recruitment, performance management, talent development, learning & development, employee relations and HR policy issues.
Each post of the Brazil Network has a HCM Business Partner acting as a human capital management advisor, reporting to the Head of HCM.
The Deputy Head of Human Resources will take one of the business partner roles, for one specific post, acting as a reliable HCM advisor, offering support to all general HCM processes and issues.
This position will also play a significant deputy role, taking the leadership responsibility of the HCM team when the Head of HCM is absent, being able to step up and manage people and processes. The Deputy should also act as a senior partner of the Head of HCM, collaborating with strategic views and creativity.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Lead the Human Capital Management department (HR) at your post (SP, Brasilia or Rio de Janeiro), providing expertise in recruitment, payroll, performance management, talent development, leadership development, learning and development, employee relations and HR policy issues;
- Support and advise managers and senior managers on staff issues/development;
- Lead the HCM team when the Head of HCM is absent, being able to step up, manage people and processes. Act as senior partner of the Head of HCM;
- Line manage your direct reports providing training, development and coach on department processes;
- Achieve effective results over the performance management process, following the established timeframe and taking a significant role on the validation process according to the Networks’ guidelines. Support staff on setting objectives, carrying out Mid-Year and End-year reviews in due time;
- Join one of the many committees of the Organization and be an active member of the Brazil Network, bringing relevant contributions;
- Follow up recruitment processes, providing support to line managers;
- Act as a L&D partner, seeking for learning and development opportunities for the HCM department and supporting employees on their personal development plans;
- Deliver KPI’s monthly with statistics of the most relevant HR issues;
- Be updated on the Brazilian labour legislation and FCDO guidelines.
Language: English and Portuguese
Level of language required: Fluent
- At least 5 years’ experience in human resources;
- Consistent knowledge of essential HR processes such as: recruitment, payroll, benefits, employee relations and performance processes;
- University degree in Psychology or Administration;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English and Portuguese;
- Experience with people’s management.
Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Demonstrating Resilience
1 November 2020
36 hours, Mon – Thur: 8:30am to 4:45pm, Fri – 8:30am to 4:30pm
Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Recife, Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo
7 December 2020
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities. Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.