International Organization for Migration (IOM)- Erbil
Under the general guidance of the Head, Protection Division, the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator and Protection Officer, and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Conduct protection monitoring: collect high quality information through direct observation, focus group and community discussions, and key informant interviews in accordance with IOM’s guidelines and
- Support the identification and analysis of protection issues and
- Identify and respond appropriately to beneficiaries with protection needs including through referrals, case management, and emergency cash assistance.
- Refer beneficiaries to key service providers in accordance with IOM guidelines and
- Provide comprehensive case management services in accordance with IOM guidelines and
- Maintain and update electronic databases and records for each client and keep detailed notes of all casework
- Identify and respond to protection cases eligible for Emergency Cash Assistance (ECA).
- Conduct and facilitate regular community engagement and awareness raising activities as
- Support Protection Focal Points’ community mobilization
- Support the development of a referral service mapping. Collect information on access to services and provide regular updates on changes to services available.
- Represent IOM at relevant meeting on the request of the Senior Protection
- Complete all protection trainings assigned by the Senior Protection Assistant, National Protection Officer, Protection Officer, or Protection Coordinator.
- Undertake any other duties as may be
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
How To Apply
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.