Based in Bogota, Colombia.
Tasks and responsibilities: (Please note that the following list is the extended set of responsibilities you would undertake as Senior Data Analysis throughout a longer period. Specific activities and tasks will be assigned to you in stages according to priority, and you will be given a certain amount of time to complete each task.)
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for carrying out tasks assigned by the Data Analysis Department Manager, Program Technical Manager or Manager of Operations and work alongside the Global Data Analysis Department team members within i-APS to continuously review, improve and define improved data collection and analysis processes from the people, system and processes perspective.
The main areas of work are:
Data Management (in relation to all data-related tasks):
Assisting i-APS Colombia and i-APS Latin America Teams in Venezuela, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador technical experts and project managers in analyzing results and providing a range of data analysis tasks including:
• Supporting the creation of sampling lists for the identification of beneficiaries and sample audience
• Designing data collection tools
• Conducting training
• Conducting collection monitoring (real-time)
• Conduct data cleaning and validation
• Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
• Producing analyzed data sets
• Travel to monitor field data collection
• Addressing project managers’ data-related queries
• Contribute to the production of data dashboards, high-quality charts, graphs, and maps to present project-specific and organization-wide data in a clear and concise way.
• Support the development and maintenance of i-APS Latin America regional project management and data visualization tools to ensure a smooth and automated flow of information from the field, to the program managers, to the clients (through the use of scripts).
Strengthening Data Protection and Management activities and protocols:
• Manipulate, analyze, and interpret complex data sets in relation to clients’ needs, including data review and quality assurance of the entire i-APS Latina America Data Analysis Department team.
• Strengthen i-APS Latin America Office practices on data cleaning and analysis: removing data that may distort the analysis or standardizing data into a single format. Use statistical tools to analyze and interpret data through various programming languages.
• Strengthen i-APS Latin America Office practices on i-APS collective data mining: Introducing best practices to structure the raw data and formulate or recognize the various patterns in the data through mathematical formulas. Pinpointing trends and patterns: finding trends, correlations, and patterns in the complicated datasets.
• Support development of i-APS Latin America Office and country specific data protection, safety and management policies, practices and trainings.
• Maintaining databases and data systems: ensure that the storage, availability, and coherence of electronically stored data meet our organization’s needs.
• Bachelor degree in statistics, economics, engineering or related
• English and Spanish
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to plan and prioritize competing tasks.
• 5 years of proven experience in similar roles
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to:
[email protected] using “Data Analyst ” as the subject of the email.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.