University of Maryland, Baltimore
Specialist, Academic Services – (2200011N)
The Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition Division at the University of Maryland School of Medicine is recruiting for an Academic Service Program Specialist. The position would work for a fellowship program and be the administrative assistant to the 10 faculty based in the midtown hospital. The individual would be responsible for Credentialing, CME registration, MEDscope, Medhub, conferences, faculty rotations, and fellowship rotations.
UMB offers a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes wellness, work/life balance, and professional development. This position participates in a retirement program that must be selected and is effective on your date of hire. Exempt regular staff receive a generous leave package that includes over 4 weeks of vacation accrued each year, paid holidays, unlimited accrual of sick time, and comprehensive health insurance; professional learning and development programs; tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any University System of Maryland school; and flexible work schedules and teleworking options (if applicable per job).
UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- The Academic Services Specialist is responsible for the full administrative coordination of one or more academic Doctoral or Graduate programs. This position is responsible for coordinating, organizing, and maintaining the operational and administrative functions of the department, and to serve as a resource for students, faculty, and staff by coordinating academic activities, programs, and extracurricular seminars.
- Coordinate full administrative and operational activities of an academic program, with interrelated activities of other programs, departments, or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies and procedures
- Develop, compile, and write program coursework communications and promotional literature for distribution, such as newsletters, brochures, or flyers. Ensures materials are accurate and accessible.
- Organizes clinical or internship site assignments. Arrange clinical or internship supervision at clinical or internship site by assignment of faculty or preceptor. Ensure evaluation process is in place and each student receives.
- Reconcile departmental budgets and oversee payment of all departmental expenses including payment of student workers, guest artists, guest speakers, departmental and office supplies, etc.
- Prepare periodic reports, financial statements and records on academic program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Communicates and responds to student questions and concerns; works with students to resolve all issues to ensure ongoing satisfaction with program and successful progress to completion.
- Coordinates administrative processes involved in supporting academic programs which typically include recruitment, selection, admission, registration, orientation, and progression of students, residents, or participants.
- Confer with and advice staff, students, and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions, and provides policy interpretation. Refer issues to appropriate department person when unable to respond.
- Serves as a liaison between students, residents, or faculty and department staff regarding payroll, benefits, reimbursements, and other administrative matters. Assists with travel, housing, and visa requirements.
- Provides administrative support to the assigned department, school or program with recruitment, selection, admission, registration, and orientation. Determines customer service strategy and provides follow-up with occupants in designated areas.
- Enhance student experience by arranging extracurricular seminars, study sessions, or workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of administration of a program, preferably in higher education or healthcare setting.
Supervisory Experience: N/A
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Respect and Integrity, Well-being and Sustainability, Equity and Justice, and Innovation and Discovery.
Hiring Range: High 50’s to Mid 60’s (Commensurate with education and experience).
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected] .
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] . Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
: Reg or CII Exempt Staff – E3713D
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: School of Medicine – Department of Medicine
: Jul 15, 2022
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.