Public Finance Management Support Programme for Ukraine is searching for
International Key Expert on tax (IKE2)
application deadline | 15th of January, 2021. TIME: 12:00 Vilnius time
Sectors | Tax and custom administration, Public finance management domain
Opportunity type | Employment Contract until the end of the Project
Budget | max 16 500 EUR per month (including salary, related taxes, per diems, flight tickets, travel insurance, accident and health insurance)
Expected starting date | February, 2021 (tentative – up on the agreement)
Organisation | Central Project Management Agency (CPMA), Lithuania
Duty location | Kyiv, Ukraine (including regional coverage)
Contact Point | [email protected]
ABOUT THE PROJECT: the overall objective of the EU programme Public Finance Management Support Programme for Ukraine – (EU4PFM), with the total budget of 55.5 MEUR for the period of 12th December 2018 until 12th December 2023 is to improve Public Finance Management (PFM) in Ukraine, thereby ultimately improving public service delivery and the business climate. The EU assistance on PFM will provide a major impetus to the implementation of the Government PFM strategy. The main beneficiaries are the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, State Tax Service and the State Customs Service of Ukraine. The reform areas for the EU support programme in the area of public finance are as follows:
- Support relevant national institutions in the improvement of budget preparation, implementation and control.
- Contribute to the better management of public expenditures in the areas of public investments, fiscal risks and payroll management.
- Support the further development of a modern, efficient and fair revenue collection system (tax and customs administration) and Financial Investigation Service.
- Support relevant PFM institutions in the enhancement of their organizational capacities.
For more information regarding the overall Programme, please look up the link EU4PFM.
The Central Project Management Agency (hereafter – CPMA) was identified to implement the Programme’s Component 3 and Component 4 (hereinafter – the Action). Component 3 is “Revenue mobilisation” that has a specific objective “Support the further development of a modern, efficient and fair revenue collection system”, Component 4 is “Horizontal functions and governance“ that has a specific objective “Support relevant PFM institutions in the enhancement of their organizational capacities”. The allocated budget to CPMA for the implementation period of the Action is 29.5 MEUR, of which 0.5 MEUR is the co-funding of the Republic of Lithuania, to be implemented during the period 19 December 2018 – 18 December 2022.
The Project Team will be based in Kyiv including the Team Leader (hereinafter – TL), International Key Experts, (hereinafter IKEs), National Project Coordinators (hereinafter NPC) assisting IKEs, national and international mid-term and short-term experts.
about the ORGANISATION: CPMA encourages a horizontal and transparent organisation based on trust and independent work of experts/consultants. More information on CPMA please look up the link CPMA.
Duties and Responsibilities of the IKE2
Summary of Key Functions:
- Overall supervision of the effective implementation of the activities and representation of the Action’s Component 3 tax domain, including IT Support Fund;
- Provide strategic expert advice to Ukrainian counterparts on tax reform, as specified in the Action’s results and the relevant agreed Work plan;
- Oversee and coordinate the work of specialized expertise in tax domain and ensure full delivery of agreed outputs in the tax area;
- Ensure consistent liaison and engagement with key programme partners and stakeholders in tax domain as well as communication and consultation with the EU and other donors.
Preliminary outline of tasks that will be the responsibility of the IKE2
- a) Strategic Management – Overall supervision of the effective implementation of the activities in relation to the tax domain through inter alia:
- Develop annual Work plan in Tax area that contributes to the delivery of outputs under EU4PFM;
- Oversee delivery and implementation of the annual Work plan in Tax area and take corrective actions, as necessary;
- Manage the delivery of the Work plan in Tax area through consultants, contractors, including developing terms of reference, participating in procurement, engagement of international and national experts and overseeing their delivery to ensure high quality outputs;
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the Work plan in Tax area, including the initial development of appropriate baselines and targets in the Action Logframe;
- Ensure risk management and actively manage risks in order to achieve Action’s results in Tax area;
- Provide timely and insightful inputs to reports (Monthly, Progress, Final) on the implementation of the Action in Tax area and prepare relevant reporting outputs, as necessary.
- b) Strategic expert advice on tax reforms (including organisational issues):
- Provide strategic expert advice to Ukrainian counterparts on tax reform, i. e. on the development of the tax compliance strategy and a tax compliance measurement framework, enhancing the oversight function over the tax administration performed by the Ministry of Finance, strengthening capacities in the review and adaptation of business processes within the tax administration and broadening Ukraine’s tax base and other related tax issues within the framework of the Action’s Revenue mobilisation component (tax domain);
- Provide substantial inputs into policy debates on tax administration and the development of the tax compliance strategy and a tax compliance measurement framework and other related tax administration issues;
- Provide direct technical and legal advice to counterparts, including training seminars, knowledge products, comments on strategic documents, etc.
- c) Oversight and coordination of Action’s activities for the Action’s tax domain:
- Oversee, engage and coordinate the work of specialized expertise in tax domain (drafting and coordination of the TORs for experts, supervision of the development of strategic documents in relation to tax reform; supervision of the technical reports and deliverables produced by international and national medium/ short term experts, NPCs, other inputs in the tax domain);
- Coordinate with the TL, other IKEs and with the EUD in Ukraine as well as other donors involved in the PFM reform in Ukraine on tax to avoid duplication of activities.
- d) Representation, knowledge sharing and reporting
- Act as the CPMA’s Focal Point for the development and implementation of the Component 3 on Tax, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Position CPMA as a key partner in the development and implementation of the tax administration, including by providing robust technical and legal expertise on a range of tax related issues;
- In coordination with the TL and other IKEs represent CPMA in meetings with EUD in Ukraine and other donors involved in the PFM reform in Ukraine on tax;
- Prepare regular briefs for sharing with CPMA senior management and donors on the development and implementation of the Component 3 in tax domain;
- Ensure that the accountability, transparency and integrity principles are integrated into programming and policy of the Component 3 on tax activities, as appropriate, also when advising the partner institutions;
- Ensure integration of gender, environmental and other cross – cutting aspects into the planning of Component 3 in the Tax domain.
- Coordinate closely with other EU and other donor (e.g. Germany via GIZ, WB, IMF, USA, other) funded programmes and projects to enhance integration and ensure coherence in tax administration.
REQUIREMENT FOR THE POSITION
IKE on Tax (IKE2) should have the following profile:
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience.
Specific professional experience
- 7 years of work experience over last 15 years in tax policy and / or tax administration as a public official or a consultant in EU Member States, IPA or ENI countries with an Association Agreement;
- Experience in at least two projects providing advisory and/or technical assistance;
- Experience over last 10 years in tax reforms in IPA or ENI countries with an Association Agreement countries would be an asset;
- Experience in implementation of large scale IT projects in tax area would be an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in senior management positions would be an asset.
Qualifications and skills
- University diploma (preferably in public administration, law, economics or finance);
- Sound command of written and oral English;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian is a distinct advantage;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Proactive, results-driven approach, track record of successfully working in multi-national teams;
- Excellent communication and reporting (written and oral) skills.
The aforementioned assignments shall be planned and carried out working together with the TL, other IKEs, the CPMA Project Team and the assigned responsible in the EUD in Ukraine.
The EU4PFM programme is a contribution to the Ukrainian PFM sector reform, therefore, the ability to properly respond and adapt to the constantly changing situation in Ukraine is of major importance. In the event of any inconsistency between the aforementioned functions and the time limits for its completion, priority shall be given to consult the donor of the Action and the CPMA Project team.
DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES: CPMA embraces diversity and respects human rights in all areas of its work. Discrimination of any kind including based on gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or culture is not accepted. Personnel shall respect equal rights of individuals and strive to create an atmosphere where people’s differences are accepted and valued.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION: responding to this Expression of Interest, you give consent to process your personal data.
Please note that your data will be stored on the central server of CPMA. Please find more information by visiting the following website: https://www.cpva.lt/en/protection-of-personal-data/558 .
All information received will be stored on CPMA’s secure servers, which are not accessible from the public website for third parties.
The purpose of processing the data you submit is to manage each expressed interest in a view of a possible pre-selection at the Agency.
The lawfulness of the processing personal data is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
- Please submit your CVs to the e-mail [email protected] and indicate the title of the applied position. Be informed that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted to take part at the further selection stages.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.