Position Title: Administrative Officer
Duration: 6 Months (with possible extension)/Part-time
Reports to: Director
About Douzan Art and Cultrue:
After the Syrian revolution in 2011, the culture became more marginalized than it was before, Syrian youth were looking for a place in the cultural scene on a large scale. Which led to ask many questions on the cultural level, what do we want as Syrians? How do we preserve our cultural identity? How do we continue to produce our own culture? And the most importantly, how do we draw the future of culture in Syria?
The idea of “Douzan Art and Culture” has arose in 2019 in Turkey, as an initiative to support the cultural activities of Syrian refugees, support the preservation of their identity through arts and help them express freely. It has presented some projects that focused on building the capacity of Syrians in the art fields to support the Syrian cultural identity and also support cultural production.
The idea has evolved to work on the horizons of dialogue and cultural interaction between Syrians in the diaspora, by developing the appropriate spaces for that, which means provide Syrian refugees with opportunities to participate in their society, in order to enhance flexibility and creativity, in parallel with the pursuit of joint work with other cultural institutions. In addition to focusing on unifying the Syrians efforts to revive the Syrian cultural work inside and outside Syria, free creativity, and build a societal culture based on multiplicity and diversity.
Douzan Art and Culture is a Syrian non-profit organization founded in Turkey and aims to empower a societal culture based on diversity and plurality in Syria through protecting the Syrian cultural identity, providing spaces for cultural dialogue and interaction, and strengthening joint work to build a cultural future of Syria that merges the inherited and the contemporary.
Douzan Art and Culture is looking to expand its work to reflect its growth in the Syrian cultural context. The Administrative Officer will work part-time and report directly to the Director. She/He will be responsible for all operations, finance, and administrative documents of projects designed to preserve Syrian heritage, building capacity in the cultural and arts field, cultural space activities, and networking. Accordingly, we are looking for candidates who possess both operation and finance skills and experience in arts and cultural projects.
The ideal candidate joining our team will be a self-motivated multi-tasker possessing exceptional creative and organizational skills. We value initiative and creative problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication in Turkish is essential for the position.
- Work on overall daily financial operations and accounting procedures; ensuring timely and accurate record-keeping and reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide overall programs management support and ensure compliance with the projects’ requirements.
- Develop and prepare all required administrative documents.
- Communicate with beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Syrian cultural context and events
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or other relevant disciplines.
- 0-2 years of working experience as anOperation, Finance or Logistic Officer/Assistant.
- Familiarity with reporting, documenting, finance, and operations.
- Skills of preparing budgets and reports and analyzing them.
- Previous experience in the field of administrative, technical, social media and digital systems at work.
- Experience in working effectively with a team.
- Proficient Turkish language skills, English skills are preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and internet software.
How to apply
- If you are interested, please send a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and a CV (maximum 3 pages) to [email protected], with reference: Administrative Officer in the email subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.
- Applications received after 10 February 2021 will not be considered.
If you do not receive a reply, we regret to inform you that we are proceeding with other candidates.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 February 2021