EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Assistant & Information Management Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Assistant & Information Management Officer
Duty Station: Iraq – Baghdad Sub-Delegation (BGD)
Reports to: Head of Sub-Delegation
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 18 March 2021
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2021
Assistant & Information Management Officer will provide (high-level) administrative support and oversees information management including records acquisition, either independently or under the supervision of the Executive Assistant & IM Officer. He / She acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence, and standard tools.
Is aware of and advises her/his hierarchical superiors on the socio-economic, cultural, and political situation in the country in general, and in his/her area of responsibility.
Support to the Management:
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches, and follows up on requests, calls, and correspondence; has an overview of the sub- delegation’s activities and considers its priorities and challenges when making decisions. Flags issues and delays; produces and updates timelines, schedules, and other tools;
- Drafts formal and informal correspondence, procedures, and directives in English for the signature of the sub-delegation management; proofreads correspondence/reports/other documents and ensures optimum layout; if needed, translates documents from local language to English and/or liaises with translators;
- Carries out other secretarial tasks (for example, ordering supplies/services and ensuring the required financial follow-up, updating the organization charts and other lists used in the sub-delegation, and/or ensuring that it’s done by the unit in charge for).
Information Management (IM):
- Ensures that all electronic documents sent to the sub-delegation team box and all paper documents received are shared with concerned staff members, in coordination with peer colleagues within the IM Team;
- Organizes supervises, manages, and monitors the use and update of a range of collaborative tools (i.e. Team Space) and databases;
- Contributes to the implementation of institutional frameworks, strategies, projects, and/or programs linked to information management in the sub-site and the offices corresponding to the Sub-Delegation Area of Responsibility. linked to the sub-site. Acts as a relay for the promotion of policies/guidelines/directives from Headquarters concerning Information;
- Management and other related subjects (for example, Data Protection and Information Security). Translates institutional policies into local guidelines and instructions, ensures adherence and monitors compliance;
- Briefs systematically all new staff on above-mentioned subjects;
- Provides regular training to all users and IM relays (or any other person in charge) and monitors the effectiveness of their acquired knowledge.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Supervises the IM relay(s) in the office(s) corresponding to the sub-delegation area of responsibility;
- Supervises the Receptionist Baghdad Sub-Delegation (BGD) only;
- Oversees the recruitment, induction, and training of new team members;
- Organizes regular meetings within the team to ensure optimal coordination of the work, proper flow of information, and regular feedback.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree or equivalent training or experience;
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and IBM Lotus Notes;
- Good analytical skills.
How to Apply:
- All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).