Title: Associate Digital Marketing Officer
Vacancy No: CPH/VN/2021/034
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration: 01 January – 31 December 2022**
Contract Type: UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement, LICA-9
Closing date: 14 November 2021 Midnight CET
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. We deliver life-saving assistance like shelter, food and water, and develop solutions that ensure people have a safe place to call home where they can build a better future. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions.
This role will operate within the Digital Marketing Team (DMT), which sits in the Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP).
The Digital Marketing Team (DMT) team advises on, creates and delivers digital solutions and marketing expertise for engaging with UNHCR’s primary audiences including donors, supporters, partners, governments, refugees and staff.
Purpose and Scope
The Associate Digital Marketing Officer will deliver front line donor and supporter care to all individual donors and supporters in the global digital hub. He/she will also support in implementing a donor/supporter relations program (email/SMS) aiming to engage supporters and grow our revenue base. He/she will report to the Senior Digital Engagement Officer and will act as the HQ digital focal point for donor/supporter engagement and provides support to the wider Digital Engagement Section (DES) team and also across PSP markets and other UNHCR functions. The role will put in place workflows for dealing with enquiries from all other sources that originate through Unhcr.org and other institutional digital entry points. This will include developing routing, knowledge bases, AI for response and case management reporting. The Associate Digital Marketing Officer is expected to work closely with the Digital Marketing Team (DES), Salesforce database team, and wider the PSP fundraising network as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporter and Enquiry Management
· Effectively respond to enquiries, requests for information and complaints received via the appropriate channel (email, web and social), taking ownership and oversight of these enquiries and seeing them through to successful resolution for the International Hub.**
· Managing all donor responses in accordance to agreed service levels for responses which will in turn improve overall donor/supporter engagement. Responsible for all donation, supporter and donor queries, including donor payments for the International English Hub (upgrades, downgrades, cancellations and refunds).**
· To develop automation routines for routing enquiries to Divisions and Teams, for all other enquiries received through UNHCR websites including those from partners, persons of concern (POCs), and other key stakeholders.**
· To provide community management of Paid social media ads (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, among others) for International English Hub and lead the sharing of best practices in this area with PSP offices.**
· To maintain and keep updated FAQ, “Contact Us” pages / touchpoints with UNHCR and to report on key KPI’s. Keep these pages updated and relevant to the supporter.**
· Supporting internal teams and PSP markets to monitor and report on turnaround time for all enquiries using native dashboards in Salesforce and PowerBI when appropriate. **
· Lead the implementation of supporter care best practice across UNHCR in line with the organization strategic priority of improved donor retention and supporter experience. **
· Ensuring supporter feedback (including surveys, lead scoring, sentiment/pulse etc) is captured in a robust and structured way so that it can be fed back to the business as insight led recommendations that drive business change.**
· Create and update robust supporter care related policies and procedures and advocate best practice across the organization.**
Retention and Supporter Engagement for International Hub and coordination and sharing of best practices across markets:
· Ensure supporter experience is central to planning in fundraising by early engagement on product and campaign development and continual championing of the importance of this in successful fundraising activity.**
· Support the strategy and execution of the International Donor/Supporter Engagement and Retention Programmes, managing the content calendar, to deliver excellent content for acquisition and retention purposes. **
· Providing reports and data analysis on International Donor/Supporter Engagement and Retention Programmes results to enhance fundraising performance.**
· Maximize customer retention through delivery of excellent, appropriate and timely engagement. **
· Work with the Digital Marketing Team to develop innovative products and ideas that will engage donors/supporters and new audiences.**
Data management and data protection
· Manage data effectively to ensure that we are maximizing opportunities for data capture, while ensuring our fundraising is compliant with best practice and UNHCR’s data protection policy.**
· To maintain and develop best practices and provide trainings and procedures in database management including compliance with GDPR, and other global legal bodies.**
· Accountable for the creation and implementation of framework for regulatory compliance across fundraising, ensuring compliance is effectively monitored, measured, and managed across all fundraising methods and suppliers (e.g. management of risk register).**
· Developing and implementing a consistent Fundraising Complaints policy and procedure.**
· Supporting the development of data retention and data cleanliness policies for fundraising purposes.**
· Ensuring data retention, data deletion, data transfer, deduplication of data, consent policy is followed through.**
· Manage the import and export of data from our donation and other web / fundraising systems.**
· Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data through routine data cleansing and hygiene tasks.**
· Support internal teams by providing appropriate information and reports from the database for fundraising activities, communications and financial reconciliations**
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
Possess bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international relations, development, humanitarian aid, communications, business, marketing, or a related discipline.
· Minimum 3 (2 years for masters degree holders) of relevant work experience with bachelor’s degree and 2 year with master’s degree in an international organization, NGO, or large company with previous job experience fundraising or related position.**
· Working experience within a supporter care/customer service or fundraising environment.**
· Experience in using email/SMS marketing automation communication tools.**
· Experience in email marketing and email best practices.**
· Working knowledge understanding of international data protection legislations and best practice.**
· Working knowledge with CRM systems and data management.**
· Working knowledge with Salesforce CRM (desirable)**
Essential Technical and Cross-Functional competencies
· Excellent supporter service skills.**
· Excellent knowledge of enquiry management systems including routing, self service functions, knowledge base and automated services such as bots and logic driven FAQ’s.**
· Excellent computer skills with Word, excel, PowerPoint.**
· Quick learner who is self-motivated, has a positive approach and eager to grow their capabilities.**
· Excellent organisational and project management skills.**
· Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.**
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.**
· Very strong administrative and organizational skills.**
· Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.**
· Strong interest in digital.**
· A flexible and outgoing team player with a service- oriented attitude.**
· Excellent attention to detail.**
· Strong analytical, organizational and multitasking skills.**
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal) in English.**
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively**
· Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
· Working knowledge of French or other UN languages is an asset.**
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be located in Copenhagen, Denmark.
It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online through the MSRP Portal with a Letter of Interest
· Job Opening ID 30665: Associate Digital Marketing Officer (UNOPS)
Local individual contracts apply to a person who is hired in the country in which he or she is to carry out the required functions, regardless of the nationality of the person.
For any technical problems encountered during the online application, please contact the Global Service Desk at [email protected] by allowing sufficient time for the resolution of the issue.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
The deadline for applications is 14 November 2021 midnight CET
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.