Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian and development agency committed to working with communities to achieve sustainable and innovative early response in crises and to assist them to build lasting solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability. GOAL has worked in over 60 countries and responded to almost every major humanitarian disaster. We are currently operational in 13 countries globally. For more information on GOAL and its operations please visit www.goalglobal.org.
The specific objectives of the consultancy are:
- Identify the economic and social impacts for households, communities, and bakeries in geographical areas where GOAL has 1) terminated its bakery support program 2) is currently operational and 3) has not been operational. Provide recommendations for how negative impacts can be reduced and positive impacts strengthened in the future. As part of this, analyze the impact GOAL has on the flour market in its AoO.
- Conduct a response analysis using USAID’s modality decision tool and present findings to inform GOAL’s future modality choice for the bakery program that facilitates access to affordable bread in adequate quantities to reach the general population throughout GOAL’s AoO.
For the purposes of this assessment, GOAL welcomes international and national individuals or organisations to apply. The profile of the consultant and/or organisation is:
· Individuals or organisations in academia, social research, or humanitarian assessments/evaluation with a background in humanitarian aid, research methods, development economics, development studies, or other related fields
· At least 5 years of working in a humanitarian environment, including experience in complex contexts
· Experience assessing market-based programming, preferably in Northwest Syria or conflict settings.
· Sound understanding of various approaches to assess impact
· Sound expertise in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
· Thematic expertise
· Strong and proven research, data analysis, and report writing skills
· Strong analytical skills and proficiency in writing in English
· Ability to deliver quality reports/analysis and results in line with established deadlines
· Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
· A gender balance of field enumerators is essential to conduct data collection with both male and female beneficiaries
· Use of national consultants is essential for work within Syria due to security constraints and local and contextual knowledge
· Experience in the Syrian context.
· Arabic language speaker preferred.
Closing date for clarifications: Thursday 24 December 2020 23:59 UTC/GMT +1 hour
Closing date and time for receipt of Offers: Tuesday 02 February 2021 at 23:59 UTC/GMT +1 hour
Offer Opening Date and time: Wednesday 03 February 2021
How to Apply
- Please visit GOAL website www.goalglobal.org/tenders/ to download RFQ-ANT-BK-21947 Bakery Review and Appendix 4_Financial-Offer.
- Please send your offer to “ [email protected]”.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice