ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
This position based in Mosul and/or Dohuk, under the immediate direction of the Cash for Work Specialist and FSL PM. The CfW Assistant will be partially responsible for field-level implementation of the ACTED cash for work in Ninewa governorate’s Sheikhan District. S/he will participate in assessing areas for determining project services. The Cash for Work Assistant will be responsible for working with representatives from the local authorities and community members to determine what local infrastructure repairs or development are necessary to promote economic revival and productivity in the community.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
FSL Project Manager
Administrative support for the implementation of activities under ACTED’s Livelihoods program in Ninewa.
Under the functional management of:
Cash for Work Project Specialist
Local women, men, girls, and boys
Other NGO/IO staff
- Supporting Area Assessments
- Supporting the FSL Project Manager and Cash for Work Specialist with assessing community need
- Supporting the FSL Project Manager and Cash for Work Specialist with ensuring that community participation is robust, that community member feedback is received and kept confidential, and that the process upholds humanitarian principles;
- Support for Cash for Work Project Officer
- Support field-level implementation of the cash for work (CfW) component in Sheikhan
- Support the Cash for Work Specialist in ensuring that the project’s CfW component adequately supports and is integrated into other project components;
- Support the Cash for Work Specialist in maintaining persistently up to date information on the CfW activities and preparing monthly progress reports for the FSL Project Manager;
- Support the Project team in maintaining persistently up to date information on the infrastructure rehabilitation and in preparing monthly progress reports for the FSL Project Manager;
- Responsible for providing the Project team with other administrative support;
- Internal and external coordination
- Periodic translation support for ACTED and other project teams, as needed;
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by the FSL Project Manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
-A willingness to learn quickly, ask questions, and improve on his/her skills;
-Excellent communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with project staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the area;
-Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast moving, multi-site environment;
-Demonstrate flexibility to work on unusual hours and cope with the pressure from emergency activities;
-This position will require fluency In both Kurdish and Arabic with a good communication of English is preferred..
-This position will be based in Mosul/Dohuk, with Travel to Sheikhan so the candidate should have a residancy valid for 1 year
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply via the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only CVs in PDF format will be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.