Consultant to provide software development (PHP) expertise to support the creation of the national vaccine registry
To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) September 2017-August 2023). SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives. SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constraints related to COVID-19:
1) Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine
2) Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector
3) Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
SE “Medical procurements of Ukraine” (herein after – CPA) is one of key stakeholders in Ukraine responsible for the national COVID-19 response. Specifically, CPA as a procurement agency, purchases and supplies medicines, PPEs, vaccines, medical devices and other equipment to support country’s response to COVID-19 pandemic and its implications. Moreover, CPA’s MedData system has been used for daily reporting on hospitals’ needs in medicines and PPEs, provision with oxygen and ventilators and a number of patients hospitalized. From the beginning of vaccination campaign, MedData has been also used for monitoring stock levels of COVID-19 vaccines at national, regional and site level. The MOH has authorized CPA to create a national COVID-19 vaccine registry that will be a directory of all information about vaccines used in Ukraine and will be used to implement vaccination certificates that are recognized internationally. It will include information on all vaccines authorized for use in Ukraine and elsewhere, the regulatory agencies that approve the given vaccine, and which countries have authorized use for each vaccine. In PY5 SAFEMed will continue to support further enhancements to MedData, development of the registry and then maintain it to improve logistics management of the many different types of COVID-19 vaccines including the data flow among relevant government agencies.
The main goal of the consultant is to support CPA in the development of a national COVID-19 vaccine registry, its integration with eHealth and other IT systems, and will be responsible for its technical support to improve logistics management and the data flow among relevant government agencies. The consultant will work under the guidance of a product owner of COVID-19 project within CPA and under oversight of SAFEMed.
The consultant will be contracted from 1 December 2021 – 30 September 2022
- Revision of existing and development of new user interfaces for data collection
- Development of services
- Gathering, organizing, and analyzing data
- Report generation
- Updating the site with added features
- Testing the site for proper functioning
- Provide efficient support to the PHP content
- Proper testing of the developed code at various stages to detect bugs
- Develop custom themes and integrate different modules and extensions to the back-end
- Develop database structure
- Develop cross-browser user-friendly bootstrap based dashboards
- Develop and support Joomla CMS extensions
- Develop API integration scripts
- Support end user training as needed
- Complex system for data collection, analysis and reporting
- Bootstrap based user-friendly dashboards to visualize data
- Summary reports
- User interface for collecting data
- Outbound API integration scripts
- Joomla CMS extensions
- Master Degree in IT or related field
- 3+ years progressive experience in professional web development
- Strong knowledge of Bootstrap library
- Experience in Joomla CMS extensions development
- Strong knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL)
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in common third-party APIs
- Ukrainian – fluent, intermediate English
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-sufficient and motivated to deliver tasks independently
- Well-developed communication skills
- High level of motivation and proactive civil position
Monthly reports on deliverables status. Report directly to SAFEMed Principle Technical Advisor on Supply Chain.
Duties performance location
Kyiv, Ukraine, CPA office/remote with no business trips.
- Qualified candidates may apply to the address: [email protected]. The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.