Position: Country Logistics Manager Tunisia & Libya
Location: Tunis with potential movements in Libya & Tunisia
Type of contract: 6 months renewable
Starting date: Beginning of August 2021 with 2 weeks handover
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC in Libya
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Libya since 2018 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Humanitarian Aid for host, displaced, migrant and refugee populations through projects promoting access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), primary health, etc.
- Capacity building of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Promoting respect for Human Rights, in connection with the field of humanitarian protection
In Libya, WeWorld-GVC has its main office in Tripoli and a field office in Sebha (Fezzan region).
Provisional annual budget 2021: 3,200 M EUR.
The main donors are EU Trust fund for Africa, AICS, CERF.
Libya National team: 14 staff
Libya team in Tunis office: 8 staff
WeWorld-GVC in Tunisia
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Tunisia since 2012 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Socio-economic and rural development
- Human rights
- Good local governance and community driven development
- Prevention of violent extremism (PVE)
- Mainstreaming sectors: Strengthening civil society & Gender equity
In Tunisia, WeWorld-GVC has a main office in Tunis and a field office in Sidi Bouzid.
The main donors are the Italian Interior Ministry, the Italian Cooperation AICS, and Italian provinces.
Provisional annual budget 2021: 700,000 EUR.
Tunisia Local team: 5
Tunisia Expat team: 2 dedicated to Tunisia & 4 expatriates working for both Tunisia & Libya missions
WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a Country Logistics Manager for Libya & Tunisia based in Tunis. She/He works under the direct responsibility of the Country Representative and under the technical management of the HQ Procurement Manager.
She/He has under her/his direct responsibility one Logistics officer based in Tripoli (Libya) and shared management for one logistics and administrative officer in Sebha (South Libya) and one in Tunis office.
She/He works in coordination with: the Finance and Administration Coordinator, the Libyan & Tunisian Programs Coordinators and the Projects Managers.
The Country Logistics manager will be responsible for: Logistic Management for both Libya and Tunisia Missions to ensure the efficient functioning of the department including Procurement, Fleet, Premises Management, archiving and reporting to HQ.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the logistics department and its teams are involved and contributing in every step of the supply chain and project cycle to ensure efficiency
- Support and build capacity the logistics staff working on the mission
- Ensure strict application and respect of WeWorld-GVC and donors procurement procedures and guidelines
- Ensure team respects HR and Ethical standards
- Visit the other bases on a weekly basis and hold regular meetings with log and program teams to ensure streamlined logistic function
- Adapt the Global Manuals to the Country context and create dedicated guidelines for streamline the supply chain activities within the mission
- Project planning; including creation of comprehensive procurement plans for each project, liaison with project managers, finance departments and HQ procurement unit on approval and updates of PP
- Responsible to directly (or supervise) the launching of Procurement Procedures from Direct Purchase to International Tender Thresholds in accordance to WeWorld-GVC Global Procurement Manual and Donor Guidelines
- Support the logistic officer in the drafting of relevant procurement documents
- Work with HQ procurement Unit to implement and manage a new supplier database
- Writing of Supply, Service, Works and Framework Contracts
- Contract Management throughout project cycle including the close follow up on complex Works Contracts
- Establish a procurement follow up report to ensure timely processing of procurement orders
- Submit monthly procurement report to HQ procurement unit which includes forecasting of all upcoming launches and status updates
- Ensure procurement documents and files are archived and organized according to Archiving Guidelines to ensure effective organization and compliance for audits and reviews
- Input procurement data for Interim and final procurement reports in accordance to donor needs
- Supervises the optimization the WeWorld-GVC fleet, in accordance with the Fleet Management SOP
- Complete and submit monthly Fuel and Fleet Reports to HQ procurement unit
- Conduct spot checks of log books in close cooperation with the Log Officers, and report any misuse or damages to Country Representative
Asset/ Equipment Management
- Supervise and support the LO to ensure the implementation of a streamlined asset/equipment management system
- Supervise and support the LO to ensure all assets/ equipment are correctly coded, logged and followed up in an asset database
- Supervise and support the LO to ensure all assets are distributed and returned with signed handover sheets by use and country coordination
- Submit monthly asset/ equipment reports to HQ Procurement Unit
- Supervise and support the LO to ensure the WeWorld-GVC offices and Guest Houses are well managed to ensure staff safety and comfort
- Supervise and support the LO to ensure the office has necessary supplies and equipment and all items are well maintained.
- Supervise and support the LO to ensure the right operation and the supply of fuel of the generator
- Monitoring and evaluating safety and security situations and liaising with the Senior Management Team to coordinate on mitigation measure, and with field team to implement them when necessary
- Contribute to the implementation safety & security guidelines, SOP & plans
- Support the preparedness (check contingency kits, first aid kits etc.) to evacuation and contingency plans
- Control the implementation of mitigation measures and security rules according to the local context
- Participating actively to logistics and security coordination as well as information meetings
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Master or equivalent in Logistics / Procurement
- Deep understanding of the Libyan & Tunisian context
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- At least 3 years in humanitarian work in Logistics, Security including previous experiences in a similar context
- Representation experience with institutions and participation in coordination meetings
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures
- Leadership, planning, organization and teamwork skills
- Proactive and dynamic attitude
- Ability to adapt and work under constraint, under pressure and in complex and multicultural contexts
- Interpersonal skills and intercultural approach
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Demonstrates integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Knowledge of Arabic, French and Italian would be considered an asset
- Previous work experiences in Libya and Tunisia
How to apply
- Please apply at: https://weworld.intervieweb.it/jobs/country_logistics_manager_tunisialybia_148674/en/
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.