Position: Data Analyst and Reporting Consultant
Duty station: Homebased
Contract type: Consultancy
Length of contract: 6 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the the Emergency Program Coordinator at IOM Chad and the direct supervision of the DTM Coordinator and in close coordination with the Regional Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting DTM analysis and data-related activities in Chad alongside the DTM Coordinator.
The wide range of Displacement Tracking Matrix projects ongoing in Chad reflects significant data needs in the country both in term of internal displacement and in term of wider migration and human mobility patterns. This position is meant to support the DTM Coordinator on all data aspects of the work related to DTM which may include data systems set-up at the start of a project (mobile data collection, datasets preparation), data check during projects and data analysis and support to reporting.
- Ensure strong data set-up for all DTM activities in Chad, including but not limited to: flow monitoring points, mobility tracking exercises, household surveys, registrations and ad-hoc research activities. Data set-up includes: ensure coherence of DTM forms with DTM standard through liaison with Regional Office, ensure compliance of DTM Chad to data protection and data collection standards, if necessary set-up servers in DTM Chad.
- Provide guidance and capacity building to enumerators and DTM colleagues with respect to DTM data systems and data collection tools.
- Work in close collaboration with the DTM Coordinator, the Regional Office and DTM Unit at IOM Geneva Headquarters (HQs) to contribute to the development of improvements in methodologies and assessment tools.
- Support DTM department on the analysis and production of DTM reports and all other publications related to DTM department, ensuring timely inputs from program and targeted dissemination.
- Perform preliminary analysis of DTM data and contribute to the development of useful reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate the provision of timely, accurate, standardized, and adequate information to all relevant stakeholders (humanitarian as well as transition/recovery actors) regarding movements, new displacements, mobility trends, using DTM and other type of data.
- Share concise analytical reporting in regular intervals in the form of dashboards, mapping and narrative reports on general mobility trends as well as specific research.
- Facilitate and encourage the integration of gender and disability perspectives and attention to specific women/girl’s and children’s rights issues (vulnerable groups) within all IDPs/returnee activities.
- Develop most DTM reporting products in coordination with IOM DTM teams in RO Dakar (Data and Research Unit) and DTM HQ.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management, Demography, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
- Information Management/Quantitative data collection experience required
- Expert use of Excel (analysis, cleaning, compilation maintenance, etc.)
- Knowledge of SPSS and/or Stata is an asset
- Good report writing skills
- Experience in data visualization (Excel, PowerBI, Powerpoint, Publisher, Abode, Tableau, etc.)
- Good understanding of basic statistics and data analysis
- Experience leading training on data collection, methodology, etc.
Fluency in French and English is required.
How to apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating ‘TD DAR’ on the subject line, by September 24, 2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (ngotenders.net you saw this job posting.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.