Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the USAID Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) project.
This project is strengthening local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will help provide overall leadership, management, strategic vision, and strong technical support in the implementation of the project. The DCOP responsibilities will include:
- Directly manage program and technical staff and related resources to ensure that the program components are results-oriented, meeting their targets with high-quality deliverables on-time and within budget.
- Oversee program planning, monitoring and evaluation, and quality; program staff recruitment, deployment and development; ensure compliance with Global Communities policies and procedures, and USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage and oversee all operational aspects of the program, including budgeting and financial monitoring to strict fiscal accountability.
- Manage and oversee programmatic components of the program, including community mobilization activities and capacity building activities for local institutions and CSOs.
- Responsible for making sure that activities function smoothly and are well-managed in the absence of the COP.
- A Master’s degree or higher in municipal governance, public administration, public policy, public administration, project management, or other closely related field.
- From three (3) to five (5) years of experience implementing local governance strengthening or related areas such as community engagement and/or capacity building programs.
- Professional experience in implementing donor-funded projects and strong management experience, with preference for USAID funded donor experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Ukrainian context and of local governance development issues in Ukraine.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain good relations with relevant partners and counterparts, including government, local government, civil society, donors and other partners.
- Experience managing multiple international and local partners strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with local institutions and CSOs, donors, UN organizations, and USAID implementing partners.
- Experience in Ukraine and/or Eastern Europe highly preferred.
- Highly developed leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of USAID contract management, policies, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements preferred.
- Well-organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, diplomatic and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Professional-level English, Ukrainian and Russian communication skills-both written and oral.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter by COB October 8, 2021 to [email protected] indicating position title – Deputy Chief of Party – in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.