The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is seeking to recruit a Director for Technical Program Implementation. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The overall function of the Director of Technical Implementation is to oversee the design and implementation of technical strategies for CIHEB-Kenya’s programs ensuring the support for structured high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment and other health programs. S/he will be responsible for collaborating with national and county governments and program partners to articulate CIHEB-Kenya’s mandate and ensure a collaborative approach in designing program work plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic direction in the design and development of technical strategies to guide the implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment and other supported programs
· Provide technical inputs into project activities, including work planning, implementation of evidence-based models and monitoring towards desired targets, in collaboration with Program Directors/Senior Technical Advisors
· Provide technical updates to the technical team ensuring that program activities reflect the Kenya national policies and guidelines, PEPFAR, and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines and best practices
· Collaborate with Program Directors to determine the technical capacity needs of program teams, on various aspects of health systems, and conduct training and mentorship ensuring that they provide high quality technical assistance and capacity development to supported facilities and other stakeholders
· Integrate continuous quality improvement frameworks and practices in all aspects of technical program implementation towards desired standards
· Support data demand and information use to inform precision programming in close consultation with the Director for Strategic Information, Research and Evaluation
· Track technical implementation of supported activities in CIHEB-Kenya programs through regular site visits, ensuring uniformity in implementation and adherence to developed models ensuring high quality programs
· Monitor progress of supported programs towards national and donor targets through regular performance review
· Collaborate with national and county governments, NASCOP and other relevant state agencies, other implementing partners, civil society organizations, community-based organizations leveraging of resources available to optimize efficiencies and promote cross learning and partnerships
· Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
· Master’s degree or higher in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Public Health, or health related discipline
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience implementing and providing technical assistance for complex HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs in public health sector with at least 5 years at senior level
· Proven experience in the successful implementation of health system strengthening projects
· Experience in health program design, work planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation
· Solid understanding of relevant Kenya national HIV technical policies and guidelines
· Experience and familiarity with donor-funded programs including the US government PEPFAR programs
· Demonstrated strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills and strong team/capacity building experience.
How to apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 24th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “**DIRECTOR FOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION”** on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.