- Amazi Water
Vacancy Announcement –Engineering Director
Organization: Amazi Water
Position type: Full-time
Position Title: Engineering Director
Reporting To: Chief Operations Officer
Duty Station: Burundi
Starting Date: Immediately
About the Role:
Amazi Water is currently experiencing rapid growth and are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Water Engineer to lead the engineering team delivering exciting and challenging water projects in Burundi. The candidate will have strong management and technical skills.
Amazi Water is the primary, in-country partner for clean water projects in Burundi. In collaboration with others, we are developing a national water strategy with the goal of providing sustainable access to clean water in every community by the end of 2028.
· Management of the engineering team (including the civil and electrical disciplines)**
· Develop engineering designs for solar and electric powered water projects **
· Design of Rehabilitation, construction and expansion of urban and rural water and sanitation systems in Burundi
· Project Management and Coordination
· Training of systems and process for new assistant engineers
· Managing multiple projects and supporting on project tasks, under the leadership of other specialists,
· To ensure project delivery to the high standards expected by Amazi Water and our partner organizations
· Develop standard and project-specific engineering designs, calculations, construction drawings, and specifications in accordance with international best practice
· Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
· Managing budgets and project resources
· Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
· Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
· Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
· Ensuring projects run smoothly and systems are completed within budget and on time
· Conduct field inspections and site assessments
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Maintain good communications with team members and partners across multiple countries, time zones, and offices
· Prepare and make presentations to other departments, country program office staff, strategic partners, donors, and volunteers
This role is essential viewing for:
· Water engineers who have worked on small, medium and large-scale water distribution projects including hydraulic pipeline design, pump station and water purification.
· Individuals with passion for overseas development work
· People with experience in the international development consultancy sector looking for a dedicated and rapidly growing water engineering team within which to apply his/her skills.
· Someone with strong technical engineering skills with experience of leading and managing teams to complete the technical delivery of water engineering projects
Requirements for this position:
· A degree in Civil Engineering, ideally registered as a professional or chartered engineer.
· Minimum 7 years of professional experience with water supply projects
· Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Experience of project management and construction supervision.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability and passion to train and mentor the engineering team and other Amazi Water staff.
· Experience with pumping and solar powered pumping systems preferred
· Ability to work in cross-cultural environments and to overcome stereotypes and language barriers
· Knowledge with office computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and engineering programs such as AutoCAD, EPANET, Microsoft Project, etc.
· Fluent in English
· Good written and spoken French an advantage
All Employees at amazi water must demonstrate the following qualities:
· A love for Burundi and Jesus Christ
· Passion for learning and the ability to continue to grow and stretch your skills to adapt to the changing needs of the Organization
· Commitment to the Organization, constantly exceed expectations and high level of team collaboration
· Ability to communicate with government offices and field partners
· Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water
How to apply
Submission of Application:
Eligible candidates are kindly requested to submit their Resume (French and/or English) and a completed Amazi Water application by 27th May 2021 that can be found www.amaziwater.org and sent by email to [email protected]
Please title in your subject “Engineering Director Application – Name – May 2021”
We may close application early if we receive sufficient applications before the closing date.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted. Eligible candidate’s applications will be kept for 12 months.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.