Job Description for Executive Director
Peace Gate for Development Organization:
PGDO is a national organization for stablishing peace building and social cohesion among the different Iraqi tribes and societies. PGDO is aims to achieving a peaceful society free from discrimination racism and sectarianism.
Contributes to good governance, sustainable and equitable economic development, peace and reconciliation, and civic empowerment. PGDO supports, promotes, and listens to women, children and young people in conflict areas, enabling them to mobilize for peace.
Our mission: what we do
Our mission is to reduce the risk of lapsing or relapsing into conflict by strengthening national capacities at all levels for conflict management, resolve injustice in nonviolent ways and to lay the foundation for sustainable peace and development. It is also revolving around developing constructive personal, group, and political relationships across ethnic, religious, class, national, and racial boundaries.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Ensure that robust systems of planning and delivering projects are in place and implemented, from design and inception to delivery and evaluation
- Ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of projects complies with donor expectations and the terms of donor contracts, and that reporting to donors is of the highest standard
- Increase the overall income of the organisation by securing new funding of projects through in-country and external funding initiatives
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Identify technical capacity gaps, and take action to fill them where ever possible through training or recruitment
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as organization primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Organization Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Motivating employees by being inspiring and remaining optimistic even when challenges are being faced.
- Encouraging good performance and values.
- Allocating resources and supplies to the staff in order to make sure they have the correct equipment to complete their responsibilities to the highest potential.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- 3 or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Interested Candidate can send the CVs to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.