Hungarian Interchurch Aid (HIA)
Responsible for managing all day-to-day financial transactions of projects to ensure effective implementation within HIA Financial policies and procedures and donor requirements. Assist the Finance Coordinator in providing efficient financial management to achieve organizational objectives and on high-level professional quality.
- Assisting the Finance Coordinator to ensure project planning and budgeting to meet the requirements/deadlines.
- Determine cash requirements of projects and assist Finance Coordinator with funding requests to HIA HQ.
- Prepare and process bank deposits/withdrawals and petty cash payments.
- Prepare documents for donor reports and audits (vouchers, logistics documents, etc.).
- Maintain and update the cash and bank transactions in Excel and prepare vouchers based on supporting documents.
- Scan all the vouchers and their supporting documents and upload them onto the shared drive regularly.
- Arrange payments after verifying the proper invoices, PO, GRN, contracts, etc. by following the HIA financial regulations and guidelines.
- Reconcile cash and bank balances and prepare the end of week/month reconciliations.
- Prepare and keep ready the financial documents for HIA and donor audits as and when HQ requests.
- Coordinate and negotiate with the bank and maintain a good relationship with them.
- Translate various documents (Invoice, Offer, etc.).
- Represent HIA to local Govt. and authorities in a positive manner.
Any other work assigned by the Finance coordinator.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in financial and administrative management
- In-depth knowledge of financial control systems, accounting, budget planning and financial reporting in humanitarian aid projects
- University degree in Finance, Business administration, or other relevant studies desirable
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint. Good working knowledge of accounting software
- Ability to be a flexible team player in a multicultural environment
- Focused individual with the capacity to plan and manage in a multiple-deadline working environment.
- physical and mental strength
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office, accounting software), ability to implement new software packages in field locations
- Very good in English and Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Start date: October 1st, 2021
- Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
- Duration of contract: 1 year with a probation period of 3 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience
- Please note this is a national position with a local contract.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at [email protected] Kindly submit your application (CV, and three professional references) until September 19th, 2021, 12:00 pm Iraqi Time.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.