- Crown Agents
About the role
Crown Agents is recruiting for a Deputy Team Leader for an anticipated countrywide Results Based Financing (RBF) in Health multi‐donor funded project, managed by UNICEF, to support the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) in Zimbabwe to “achieve the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all Zimbabweans”.
The Finance Officer RBF is responsible for planning, execution, monitoring and reporting on all Financial Management issues of the RBF project including the project office. S/he will report to the Team Leader and work closely with the Project Support Officer. The Finance Officer RBF is expected to travel out of Harare on a regular basis to monitor and support the health facilities in their management of the HDF-RBF.
The Finance Officer will lead on all financial reporting including disbursement/payment reports and updates, Periodic RHC/HC Acquittal status reports, Periodic Fund Utilization reports, and Monthly/Quarterly payments reports.
The Project Finance Officer will:
- Overseeing financial management of the fund including expenditure plans, payments, acquittals and verifications
- Submitting a consolidated request to UNICEF to cover the RBF quarterly payments with the approval of the Team Leader and authority of the Project Director
- Lead on reviewing the database per quarter for verification before payment and ensuring that all payment data is in the correct format
- Being the focal point for MOHCC Internal Audit support visits as well as regular conractual external Audits by appointed private companies
- Liaising with the Project Support Officer to ensure accurate data collection, analysis and reporting
- Undertaking financial monitoring and ensure compliance with the overall project monitoring and verification framework
- Providing technical support in financial management to the Administrative Project Support Officer to ensure efficient and effective NPA/LPU office administration
- Liaising with the CA Finance Manager to proactively identify risks to successful delivery of projects including liquidity, fiduciary and reputational risks and addressing challenges in a systematic manner with the team leader or Project Executives as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field and professional internationally recognized accounting qualification
- Experience with financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement
- Experience in financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyse accounting transactions
- Experience with reviewing financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements);
- Experience with grants management, fund management, cash management, financial management / analysis / reporting, asset management, planning and reviewing and project financial control
- Experience of working effectively where strong organisational skills are required
- Strong understanding of technical accounting, project accounting essential
- Work effectively with people across all levels
- Desire to progress and be a quick learner, self-starter
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
- competitive benefits package
- pro rata, annual bonus, subject to performance
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.