The Position is for Expats
RNVDO is a national Iraqi non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting displaced, returning, host community, and refugee populations in Iraq. RNVDO staff includes over 150 local employees and 200 volunteers, as well as international staff supporting the national team to enhance program quality and build capacity to meet global standards of response and accountability. RNVDO’s head office is in Erbil, with field offices in Mosul, Baghdad, Qayyarah, Jad’ah, Hamam Al-Alil, and international offices in Sweden,Syria and France. RNVDO mission is meeting the needs of conflict-affected communities while integrating them into the community and fostering peaceful coexistence through protection and development.
Position: Fundraising Manager
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for i) overall fundraising management activities of the organization, including the development and implementation of a 3 – 5 year fundraising strategy to financially support and strategically advance RNVDO’s activities; ii) development and maintenance of effective partnerships that are relevant to the RNVDO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed fundraising plan to grow and supplement current revenue streams
- Implement and grow fundraising strategies across all areas of the business
- Research and develop donor acquisition and retention strategies
- Manage day to day workload of the Fundraising Department and provide guidance regarding development and implementation of all fundraising related activities
- Seek funding through the submission of grant applications to various donors including UN Agencies, International Donors, INGOs and Government.
- Build relationships with new corporate partners and maintain relationships with existing partners
- Actively seek new sponsors to support events, initiatives and Variety operations
- Manage and liaise with national and state-based partners/sponsors Ensure effective and efficient implementation of all fundraising effort
- Partnership Management:
- Develop good working relationships and communicate effectively with internal / external organizations / partners and stakeholders.
- Build and nurture relationships with current partners, as well as identifying prospective partnerships
- Continually research and identify prospects and ensure they are approached in a timely manner
- Skills and Qualifications
- University education in a relevant field such as international development, emergency operations, humanitarian programming, technical degree in camp management, or the like
- Experience in project development/proposal writing is a must
- At least 3 years relevant work experience, preferably project proposal
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships, negotiate/mediate on issues, chair, resolve conflicts, and develop capacity;
- Self-starter with the ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines in and out of office hours;
- Strong cross-cultural skills and versatility in dealing with different types of partnerships;
- Personal integrity with an honest and open personal style;
- Approachable, and an ability to engage partners at all levels; Proven capabilities in leadership and management required Excellent English language skills are required.
- Interested and qualified candidates please apply on [email protected] by indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.