ICRC’s Iraq Mission legacy, click here for more information
EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Housekeeper
Duty Station: Iraq – Baghdad
Reports to: Housekeeper Supervisor
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 16 June 2021
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2021
The Premises department is responsible for ensuring uninterrupted functionality and usability of all ICRC premises related facilities, tools, equipment, machine, appliances and resources at any given time. It is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guideline.
The Housekeeper is performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing. Ensuring all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards. Protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies.
- Provides cleaning/housekeeping/laundry services at ICRC premises.
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances.
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate.
- Fill the residence book and sign at any intervention form maintenance or premises team.
- Check the level of water and gas, and report for filling.
- Assist guests when necessary.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any related practices.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Primary school education
- Relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of Arabic language. Basic knowledge of English is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic Hygiene principles
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
How to Apply:
- All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).