The HR Officer will be expected to provide HR Support in the areas of recruitment, learning and development, staff orientation and Induction processes, management of excused absences, document management, monthly HR reporting, HR Investigations. preparation of service contractor agreements and daily labour contracts, supporting line managers with performance management, for both Iraq employees and Syria Service Contractors.
The role holder is accountable for the provision of effective and timely HR services that support programme delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Review and monitor the status of employee contacts in Iraq and service contracts for North East Syria and ensure that line managers are updated well in advance of renewals or changes required.
- Work with hiring managers for timely execution of hiring plans
- Support hiring managers with finalization of job descriptions and completion of hiring requisition forms for the designated program team ensuring that they are consistent and accurately completed.
- Participate in recruitment processes including developing and placing vacancy announcements, receiving and applications and arranging and participating in interviews.
- Ensure that candidate selection processes are transparent, fair and recruitment is based of merit
- Responsible for maintaining standard tools for recruitment (job descriptions, interview questions, panel recommendation etc)
- Ensure that performance management process is properly understood by all staff and implemented consistently
- With guidance from the HR Coordinator, support line managers to address underperformance i,e performance improvement plans and disciplinary sanctions.
- Ensure that the daily labour guidelines are properly understood, adhered to and spot checks are conducted monthly
- ensure that cases of conflict of interest are properly recorded, monitored and reported to HR Coordinator/Director
- Co-ordinate induction sessions on the mandatory trainings for all staff and keep a record of attendance
- Co-ordinate with the senior payroll administrator to prepare and submit monthly payroll documents (e.g timesheets, Leave and excused absences)
- Work closely with line managers to understand the issues impacting wellbeing and ensure these issues are escalated to management as needed
- Provide generalist and operational HR support to line managers across a full range of people management issues
- Comply with Blumont’s policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, Anti-harassment & Bullying, conflict of interest, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Computer Science or Related Field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resources, previous HR experience in INGOs is preferable.
- Experience working in a fast-paced large-scale humanitarian response
- Experience of working in remote management set up
- Ability to plan, work with tight deadlines, and a demanding workload
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to juggle various open positions.
- Good understanding of Iraqi Labor Law.
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver trainings and induction
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving, to include identifying bottlenecks and streamlining processes
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results
- Awareness of and sensitivity to multi-cultural international development work.
All team members are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our core values, anti-harassment policy and PSEA policies.
Interested qualified candidates are requested to apply through Blumont website: www.blumont.org before 1st December 2021.
- BLUMONT is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We give priority to the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position.
- Due to the large volume of Applications, we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Blumont will review the applications on rolling basis and may close the advertisement before the deadline if the ideal candidate was found.
- One or more similar/different positions maybe filled in this recruitment activity depending on the applicants’ qualifications.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.