The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is a UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. UNV does this by enhancing opportunities for voluntary participation by all peoples. UNV fosters conditions in which volunteerism can flourish through three main activities: advocacy, integration and mobilization
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Programmes Manager, the UN Volunteer Monitoring and Reporting Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
1. Provide guidance to the Country Office(CO) in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
• Provide quality assurance of program documents through review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria;
• Manage the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes; ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated to programme formulation;
• Provide inputs to the annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
• Ensure linkage of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and corresponding Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Plans with the UN Women Strategic Plan;
• Provide strategic guidance to partners and CO in developing Performance Monitoring Frame-works (PMFs) and Baseline Surveys;
• Ensure the allocation of sufficient funds for monitoring, evaluation and reporting under the two projects.
2. Provide technical guidance to the Country Office(CO) in and oversee monitoring and track-ing of results against country targets and UN Women Strategic Plan pertaining to the two projects.
• Ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized;
• Monitor data from partners and beneficiaries on a quarterly basis and draft regular management briefs to inform decision making;
• Visit partners and beneficiaries to support monitoring of results and planning processes and provide technical support to beneficiary and partner organizations in planning, monitoring, re-porting, developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), development and implemen-tation of Baseline and End Line Surveys;
• Lead the review of financial reports based on contractual obligation;
• Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
• Contribute to drafting and monitoring of the UN Women Turkey Office’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
3. Oversee reporting of results to internal and external audiences
• Coordinate and provide technical guidance to the Country Office in meeting internal and exter-nal reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
• Provide inputs for the corporate quarterly and annual reports; as well as for inter-agency reports such as for the relevant UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Strategy Results Groups and 3RP coordination mechanisms;
• Prepare result-oriented donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
• Ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated into programme reporting;
• Review progress reports submitted by partners and beneficiaries and provide feedback to im-prove quality and timeliness of reporting;
• Ensure the availability (including collecting and maintaining) of data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations;
• Provide support for reporting to UN INFO.
4. Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
• Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge; as identified through pro-gramme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Develop capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
• Manage capacity building opportunities of staff and partners in the region/country in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E);
• Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M&E among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
• Ensure coordination and liaison with the Evaluation Specialist and other relevant focal points at the UN Women Europe and Central Asia Regional Office as required.
Type of degree: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, Interna-tional Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies or a related field desirable.
Years of work experience:
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Experience in gender equality projects/programmes is a strong asset;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset;
- Field experience is an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports UN Women with profession-alism, dedication and client orientation, and who must be willing both to work on programmatic/substan-tive aspects and to provide operational/logistical services. The following competencies are required:
• Strong awareness and sensitivity regarding gender issues;
• Strong knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Manage-ment;
• Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
• Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports;
• Strong analytical and report writing skills;
• Good knowledge of UN programme management systems;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and col-laboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members and authorities at different levels;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Excellent ability to quickly grasp and synthesize inputs;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Desirable: experience with project development and management, monitoring and evaluation, human rights-based approaches, capacity development approaches, are all assets;
Area of expertise requirement:
o Development programme management (Mandatory)
o Monitoring and reporting (Mandatory)
o Development programme/project administration (Mandatory)
Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Integrity, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
If you have not yet registered in the UNV Talent pool, please apply by registering your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: Once you have created your UNV account by validating your email address, please complete all sections of your profile.
Go to‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply.
If you are registered in the UNV database, please update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profileGo to ‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14-04-2021
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- To apply please follow this link https://ngotenders.net/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.