- Design, implement and manage solutions for web applications including system architecture, database models and coding standards
- Develop, iteratively improve and maintain existing and new HPC applications using AngularJS (1.5 and above), Angular (7 and above), React, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker,Solr and TypeScript
- Discuss and improve specifications in conjunction with the project manager and business owners
- Contribute to Agile sprint and release planning
- Review code submitted by team members using the Git workflow model
- Develop and review unit tests
- Work closely with the OCHA-wide infrastructure team for code deployments, troubleshooting and other related issues.
- Develop and review technical documentation for developers and application administrators to support and maintain the system
- Contribute to the wider OCHA software development effort, including participation in regular knowledge interchange, joint events etc.
- Assist with data migrations as needed
- Advanced-level university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, software engineering, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with additional two years, a technical/professional diploma with additional four years, or a secondary school diploma with additional six years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced-level university degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is required of online database application development and implementation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of developing on a Linux environment.
- Demonstrated experience in web development projects in a consulting or professional services environment, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in development of web applications using RESTful API backends
- Experience of code versioning using Git workflow and sprint/release planning
- Experience working both independently and in collaboration with remote, geographically diverse teams – must be very comfortable working via e-mail, chat, IRC, audio/video conference etc.
The successful candidate will also have experience in as many as possible of:
- Developing with AngularJS (v1.5 and later) orAngular (v7 and later)
- Developing with React
- Developing with TypeScript
- Developing web applications or APIs with Node.js and Express or Restify
- Developing with monorepo managers such as Nx, Rush.js or yarn workspaces.
- Publishing packages to NPM, adhering to Semantic Versioning
- Creating and running Docker images and containers
- Developing with SQL-based open-source databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Use of Sequelize or similar ORM
- CSS and use of pre-processors such as SASS or LESS, or libraries like styled-components
- Management of dependencies, code deployment to various environments and development workflow.
- Working on projects using an agile workflow
- Experience of developing web applications in other programming languages would be beneficial.
- Some knowledge of Drupal-based websites, particularly regarding integration of database applications with Drupal front-ends, and website development in PHP would be an asset.
- Some experience working with the public or not-for-profit sector would be an asset.
- Intermediate or fluent knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language (Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese and French) is an asset.
As this is a home-based role, the successful candidate will need to provide their own workspace, including high-speed internet connection and a local development environment running on Linux or MacOS.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type: INternational Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: IICA-1/ICSC-9
Contract duration: full-time for an initial period of three months, to be extended depending on satisfactory performance evaluation.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.New York Service Cluster (NYSC) supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management
Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. It was formed by combining the following portfolios: Grants Management Services (GMS), UN Technology Support Services (UNTSS), Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio (DSIP) It provides Services to partners’ programmes that are designed, structured, and managed with a global perspective and primarily serving partners that are headquartered in New York. The SDC has a footprint of approximately 125 countries.
- To apply please follow this link https://ngotenders.net/unopsjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter) how (ngotenders.net) you have heard about this vacancy.