The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
The International Republican Institute is an international non-governmental organization, registered with the appropriate authorities in Kenya. IRI maintains an office in Nairobi and regularly conducts programming activities throughout Nairobi and surrounding areas. IRI is in need of a medical health insurance provider who will be able to provide coverage for its current 5 staff and their dependents based in Kenya.
Interested bidders must present the technical bids outlining the following information:
• High quality coverage of medical expenses for local staff;
• Dental surgical extraction & filling, root canal therapy, scaling, dental prescriptions, and dental X-rays;
• Optical services;
• Maternity Services
• Advanced and complex investigations (limited to CT scan MRI scan and echocardiography)
• Investigation and surgery for cancer but excluding chemotherapy and radiotherapy ;
• Annual checkups
The bid must include:
• Requisite procedures for removing a dependent or policy holder from the contract.
• 24-hour accessible Call Centre number.
• Healthcare services in hospitals and outpatient care
• List of in-network providers
• Number of doctor visits covered per year
• Annual premium cost per person by group
• Which diagnostic tests are covered (such as lab testing, x-rays, MRIs, other scans)
• Coverage policy for pharmaceuticals
• Coverage policy for physiotherapy
• Exclusions to the policy
• Emergency services
• Terms & Conditions for adding/removing staff to/from the plan
Bids must be submitted in English, written in Times New Roman, 12-point font. Bid should have a maximum of twenty-five (25) pages, not including any required appendices, which have no page limit. IRI Kenya may extend the duration of the contract at the expiration of one year, by written notice to the contractor.
Deadline of proposals is on April 16, 2021.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.