ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Under the authority of the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager, the Livelihoods Officer is responsible for the implementation of all technical program/interventions undertaken by the organization, matching with the quality criteria and strategy related to livelihood activities.
He/ She is fully responsible of his/her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, respect of the budget and deadlines.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- Project Manager
- Deputy Project Manager
- Cash for Work Specialist
- Area coordinator
Strong Functional link
- Report to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager;
- Will interact with all other departments (Programs, Coordination, Programs, FLATS departments, AMEU)
- Local Authorities
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
Under the supervision of the Senior Project officer and Project Manager, the Livelihood Officer’s responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- General responsibilities:
- To work with the ACTED’s program and AME teams to understand the market and community dynamics within which the targeting and implementation of the livelihood interventions will be conducted
- To participate in designing technical assessments
- To support the project management team in making weekly work plans and field visits
- To ensure the quality and efficiency of all field work done relevant to CBR aspects of projects.
- To submit any relevant paperwork (e.g. Completion documentation, photos) to Deputy Project Manager and CfW Specialist at the end of each day with work summary, or as described by line manager
- To act as a clear communication channel between program, contractors, sub-contractors and beneficiaries.
- To monitor progress of activity implementation and contractors
- Co-management (with other technical staff) of Program team and any other participating staff while in the field as discussed with Deputy Project Manager and Cash for Work Specialist
- To draft and follow up of program correspondence and reports in coordination with DPM and CfW Specialist
- To prepare, check the quality and accuracy of all documents submitted by the field staff (beneficiary lists, reports, analysis, forms etc.).
- Manage the team in the field.
- Advise a visiting location to the project manage and senior Project officer during the implementation of project.
- Prepare a weekly plan and capacity building plan for assistant and share it with senior project officer for review.
- To collect photos of program implementation and ensure that donor visibility is respected;
- Assist in the identification and location of beneficiaries when requested
- Contribute to the Weekly Report on the implementation of activities as per specific program and donor requirements
- Contribute to the monthly report about the general achievement and challenge in the areas of intervention; these will include changes and challenges.
- Technical Tasks
- Develop and implement livelihood activities and raise anything to adjust according to the context
- Facilitate community engagement on the project based on humanitarian principles
- Oversee cash, and other market-based modalities to achieve project objectives
- Preparing a tool for market monitoring during the implementation of project
- Complete deliverable to specification and within time line
- Provide required information to relevant parties as dictated by contract and procedures
- Identify best practices and lessons learned
- Put a clear strategy of the change that will be made by the intervention in the areas.
- Contribute to the preparation and checking of BoQs for livelihood related activities and make sure it is accurate and clear.
- Administration and Other Tasks
- Maintain an efficient, organized system of paperwork and reporting for field work
- Ensure timely departure and return from the field: this includes leaving to the field with all necessary documents and materials to complete a successful workday
- To perform other duties as requested by the project and country management team
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Have a bachelor’s qualification in a livelihood related field such as economics, agricultural engineering or any related qualification
- To work additional hours and some weekends as dictated by the demands of the line project.
- Have at least 6 months experience in livelihood related programing; e.g. cash for work programing
- This position will require fluency In both Kurdish and Arabic with a good communication of English is preferred
- Have a good experience and knowledge in Office program specially Excel and Word
- Strong data management skills
- Good communication skills and ability to operate in challenging environments
- Ability to manage complaints, including; trust-worthiness, integrity and accountability
- Willingness to follow instructions, especially those related to security
- This position will be based in Mosul/Dohuk, with Travel to Sheikhan so the candidate should have a residency valid for 1 year
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply via the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only CVs in PDF format will be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.