ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
The Mentorship Assistant (MA) will work under the supervision of the Deputy Project Manager (DPM) and the Mentorship Officers (MO) to ensure the quality and effective implementation of the small medium enterprise activity. The MO will ensure that the capacity building of SME activity participants is efficient on a long-term basis through a close collaboration with the organization and the development of a mentoring plan. The MAO will contribute towards providing participants with regular coaching, making sure they benefit from the trainings they will receive from the Directorate of Labor and Social Affairs. Furthermore, the MAO will be expected to contribute towards supporting the mentoring of other project’s activities such as the advocacy campaign.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
Deputy Project Manager
Supporting all aspects regarding the small medium enterprise activity
Base: Mosul/Dohuk with frequent travel to Sheikhan or based in Sheikhan
Under the functional management of:
Deputy Project Manager
Relevant Cluster & Working Government Representatives
1. Management of the mentoring of the Capacity Building programme
- Contribute to the identification of needs for mentorship actions through data collection and results analysis.
- Contribute to the design of coaching strategy to meet the participants’ needs.
- Elaborate a mentoring plan for six months and provide the participants with coaching.
- Select and/or design necessary tools for the organization (e.g. M&E tools, HR toolkit…).
- Translate documents and tools into Arabic / Kurdish / English as needed.
- Support the team in providing close follow-up to the participants that have been receiving capacity building trainings.
2. Contribution to the implementation of local initiatives and advocacy campaign
- Contribute to the organization of regular community forums for participants that are conducting business initiatives to share lessons learned and make recommendations for future actions.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
· A Bachelors’ degree in a livelihood related qualification
· Minimum experience of 6 months in livelihoods and economic recovery activities with NGOs
· Experience working with DoLSA is a strong asset
· Kurdish, Arabic and English. A preference for Kurdish-speaking is emphasized
· Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
· Strong team spirit, creativity and flexibility
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work for long hours
- Proven experience in conducting training with local or community-based organizations
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of diplomacy, coordination and transparency
- Strong ability to remain flexible and adapt to capacities of beneficiaries
- This position will be based in Mosul/Dohuk, with Travel to Sheikhan so the candidate should have a residency valid for 1 year
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply via the following link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only CVs in PDF format will be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.