Position: MultiCountry Finance Coordinator Sahel (Mali, Burkina Faso, Benin, Niger)
Reporting Relationship: Regional Finance Manager (Functional Line Manager) and Country Representative (Organizational Line Manager)
Location: One of the Countries, with possible missions to the country of non-residence
Type of contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
A first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Head of Regional Unit upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract.
Starting date: Mid October 2021
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile.
Application deadline: 30/08/2021
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC has been active in Mali since 2019. The sectors of intervention are food security and support to resilience, protection with special focus on child protection and they target the most vulnerable groups of population, in particular IDPs. Future activities will enlarge the intervention in the fields of education and school feeding, including cash transfer. WeWorld currently works in the regions of Mopti and Gao.
Currently have a national representation office in Bamako, a field office in Douentza and an operational presence in Mopti with the help of the partners.
WeWorld-GVC began its activities in Burkina Faso in 1985. Following a break, it resumed its activities in 2012 focusing on the promotion of women empowerment and support to vulnerable groups to provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable, support displaced populations and to strengthen the resilience of local populations. The sectors of intervention spans from food security and nutrition to protection and local development. WeWorld-GVC currently works in the provinces of Passorè, Oudalam and Soum with offices in Ouagadogou, Djibo and Gorom Gorom.
WeWorld-GVC is working in Benin since 2009. The sectors of intervention are education and women rights, in particular the reproductive health and sexual rights. We World support the public education system, improving the access to quality education, preventing drop-out, supporting learning achievement of the student, community participation on education issues and sensitizing people about the importance of education. We World supports the potential of women and young girls in promoting their rights to sexual and reproductive health, strengthening the role of institutional and civil society actors in the protection of those rights, increasing the access for young people, especially girls, to quality sexual and reproductive health services, and promoting an environment conducive to the self-determination of women. We World is actually working in the Department of Plateau and Zou and Collines, with 3 office in Cotonou, Porto Nuovo and Boicon.
WeWorld-GVC was present in Niger from 2017 till 2019. Now We World is resuming its activities to implement a project of food security in the Diffa Region, Department of Goudoumaria. The intervention overcomes a strictly humanitarian approach and emergency interventions, to evolve towards the promotion of the vulnerable families resilience, providing development benefits on the long term, and strengthening malnutrition prevention, according to NEXUS dictates.
Annual Budget 1.200.000 Euro
Purpose of the Role
The MultyCountry Finance Coordinator acts in the Role of Senior Finance Officer in a MultyCountry Role. Is responsible of all the administrative and accounting processes, including financial reporting, budget planning, development and monitoring. Manages field office staff.
Main functions and duties
- Track and manage deliverables and timelines related to grants, contracts, vendors, and partners
- Monitor grant administration to ensure compliance with reporting and expenditure requirements
- Supervise compliance of administrative documents and their proper filing
- Ensure the smooth flow of administrative information and data to the HQ and Regional Office
- Supervise flow of administrative information from project partners and the compliance with MoU
- Supervise and approve regular accounting, including monthly reconciliations, monthly and yearly closing of accounts, monthly journal entries
- Supervise cash and bank balance checking process when closing the monthly accounts
- Is responsible for the preparation of financial reports, in coordination with Regional Finance Manager, and administrative team
- Ensure the compliance of financial reports with donors and internal rules and procedures
Budget & Planning
- Collaborate with the Country Representatives and Programs/Project Managers to develop budgets according to donors regulations
- Review administrative/financial terms of grant contracts before signature (payment & financial reporting schedule, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Project Managers and Procurement & Logistics Managers to monitor actual and forecasted expenses against budget to avoid under and overspending on the projects; comply to the flexibility rule
- Monitor financial flows of the projects
- Anticipate financial risks, present budget updates and mitigation plans and report them to the Country Representative
- Coordinate the preparation and constantly monitor/update of core budget of WeWorld-GVC for Sahel and provide an analysis to the Country Representatives focusing on gaps and risks
- Participate with the Country Management Team in reflecting on the evolution of the missions, and the programming of new projects and/or reorientation
- Collaborate to the management of financial audit performed on the projects
- Supervise yearly financial audit on general accounting for local authorities
- Prepare information and is directly responsible for any assessment/audit performed by donor on WeWorld-GVC administrative procedure
- Design and implement administrative routines, procedures, and systems to increase efficiencies, in coordination with Regional Finance Manager
- Update the Local Operational Manual for all missions based on WeWorld-GVC procedures to implement organizational policies, including those related to HR management
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Country Rep, the monitoring of the mission registration procedures with the authorities concerned and the various State services
- Supervise administrative and finance local personnel to complete routine tasks
- Capacity building of local staff and partner organizations in areas such as financial management, procurement and logistics, administration, good governance and management of accountability and transparency
- Follow-up payments from donors and financial project close-out
- Participate in analyzing staffing needs & costs, compensation & benefits, and performance review practices
- Supervise compliance with all WeWorld-GVC employment regulations relating to National Staff payroll, health insurance, work insurance, employee benefits
- Ensure all National Staff have valid contracts, updated and signed Terms of Reference
- Support the Country Representative to monitor and revise salary scale if necessary, as well as supervising staff leaves, holidays, overtime and contractual obligations
- Support in recruitment process of National Support Staff
- If needed, support the smooth running of National Staff recruitment according to national procedures
- Participate in inter-admin meetings with other INGOs and NGOs
- Ensure official representation for the administrative management of the Mission to the competent authorities
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Financial/Accounting management
- Knowledge of institutional donor procedures (AICS, EU, UN agencies etc.)
- Fluent in French both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of English
- At least 2 year of specific experience in finance/administrative positions in the international cooperation sector
- Experience of representation to institutions and participation in coordination meetings
- Experience in budget management and monitoring of logistics procedures
- Experience in using accounting software
Skills and Abilities
- Strong flexibility and capacity to adapt behavior to the needs of the situation
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers / leaders
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong commitment to the Mission of We World-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Knowledge of Italian would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of AICS,EU,ECHO procedures
How to apply
- Please apply at: https://weworld.intervieweb.it/jobs/multicountry_finance_coordinator_sahel_mali_burkina_faso_benin_niger_159324/en/
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.