Head of Global Development and Founder-President
£36k per annum
37.5 hours a week
Initial 12 month contract (3 month probationary period)
The Program, Partnerships and Grants Manager position is to be recruited by the UK-based and virtual Global Office of an NGO Foundation, based in West Africa that primarily focuses on RMNCAH+N, EmONC, WASH and Gender Equality and Opportunity (GEO) interventions for women, children, and families.
· Lead on the delivery of research, strategy and development elements of programmes, especially activities relating to maternal and newborn health, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), child nutrition and the rise of women and girls.
· Developing and improving the systems for managing the internal project evaluation data and information
· Contributing to the conceptualisation and drafting of concept notes and research proposals
· Report writing on the Foundations programmes and initiatives.
· Support with the standardising of reporting and information processes across all programmes
· Develop and implement the Foundations NGO partnership strategy as aligned with and contributing to the overall strategic objectives.
· Build strategic coalitions among policymakers and relevant government agencies around the Foundations mission, with a particular focus on maternal health, WASH (Water, sanitation and hygiene), child nutrition and the rise of women and girls.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and build strong working relationships with partners and advocacy targets.
· Strategically identify and develop key NGO relationships that support the advocacy of strategies that accelerate the Foundations programmes and objectives.
· Responsible for all the Foundations grant applications and monitoring, working collaboratively with the West Africa team and Head of Global Development on this when required.
· Develop compelling cases for support, writing tailored applications for submission to international funding bodies and organisations..
· Build and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing funding/grant making organisations.
· Work closely with all service delivery teams to ensure they are capturing the necessary outcomes for reporting requirements
Skills and experience:
· A record of accomplishment in working on programmatic initiatives, partnerships and grants, preferably in a technology, International relations or NGO/civil society environment.
· Applicant must have specific interest in global health, midwifery, nursing and gender.
· Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and for a range of audiences with the ability to translate complex ideas into compelling narratives.
· Good face to face communication and the ability to be at ease with people from a wide range of backgrounds and be confident when dealing with high-level organisations and individuals
· A strategic mind-set and the ability to offer and receive constructively critical feedback
· The ability to work both independently, collaboratively with drive and at pace
· The ability to meet task deadlines, conceive and apply solutions in the face of challenges
· Great organisational skills and the ability to stay on top of many large and small tasks simultaneously
· Commitment to quality and attention to detail
How to apply:
- Send CV and 1 page cover letter to – [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.