ICRC’s Iraq Mission legacy, click here for more information
EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Physical Rehabilitation Project Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Physical Rehabilitation Project Manager 1
Duty Station: Iraq – Erbil
Reports to: Deputy Head of Sub-delegation
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 05 May 2021
Deadline for applications: 18 May 2021
The Physical Rehabilitation Project Manager is responsible for the management of daily activities and human resources at the ICRC Erbil PRC, providing advice to the Physical Rehabilitation and Erbil Sub delegation management regarding the annual planning and budget requirements, monitoring and evaluating implementation of activities and budget.
- Builds and maintains networks and relationships with relevant actors of influence in the rehabilitation sector both externally and internally ensuring an integrated approach.
- Project Management – implements a results-based management approach.
- Supervises and monitors financial administration procedures and guideline implementation, statistics data collection and analysis.
- Supervises the staff of the Erbil PRC, supports the Prosthetic/Orthotic and Physiotherapy team leaders. Ensures stability of the working environment and contributes to creating a conducive work atmosphere.
- Property Management and Logistics – in collaboration with logistics dept, senior Prosthetist/Orthotist and Physiotherapist determines the needs of materials, equipment and space for current PRC functioning and preparing for the new Erbil PRC, supervises the related expenses.
- Organizes and supervises the activities of the center according to priorities, providing accurate statistics and timely reporting, keeping PRP and SD management informed.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree in Medicine (rehabilitation, orthopaedics, neurology, Physiotherapy, Prosthetics/Orthotics, Public Health)
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in a similar field
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Computer proficiency
- Experience working within the health/rehabilitation sector.
- Finance management and budgeting.
How to Apply:
- All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to [email protected] with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).