|Location :||Istanbul, TURKEY|
|Application Deadline :||01-Sep-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||FTA International|
|Post Level :||P-4|
|Languages Required :
|UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.UN Women maintains a large presence throughout Europe and Central Asia region, covering 12 countries, with programme presence in Kosovo, Serbia, Tajikistan and North Macedonia; and country offices in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkey and Ukraine. The adoption of the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (Istanbul Convention), and the fact that countries have to harmonize national legislation with the EU’s acquis as part of the accession process, has created an opportunity to step up UN Women’s Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECA RO) capacity to bring a regional perspective to human rights-based programming in relation to national, regional and international agreements, and the European Union (EU) normative frameworks for accession countries related to gender equality discrimination, and in particular, on Gender Responsive Budgeting in Western Balkans and Turkey.
In this regard, UN Women is looking for a Programme Specialist who will take responsibility for overall planning, implementing, and managing of the “Implementing norms, changing minds” regional programme.
Under the overall leadership of the Regional Director, and under the direct supervision of the Deputy Regional Director, the Programme Specialist, Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) is responsible for programme management, resource mobilization, communications, technical oversight, troubleshooting, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and financial, and human resources management. The Programme Specialist will ensure strategic direction of the programme with overall liaison functions of country technical coordinators to be deployed in the countries involved in the programme. The Programme Specialist will also liaise directly with regional and inter-governmental organizations, development partners, and regional platforms of women’s organizations. She/he will work in close collaboration with programme and operations team, UN Women policy advisors at regional office and at headquarters, ensuring successful programme implementation.
The Programme Specialist will provide technical expertise on gender equality and women’s empowerment with a holistic approach to address opportunities and challenges in ending discrimination and violence against women in the programme participating countries. The Programme Specialist will provide regular analysis of policies and practices to senior management and compiles lessons learned for formulation of strategic interventions, including support on resource mobilization.
* For the European Union, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence. For UN Women, references to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of UN Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).
Duties and Responsibilities
|1. Provide programme development advisory services and development programmes in the area of GRB:
2. Manage the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
3. Oversee the implementation and management of the GRB regional programme:
5. Oversee technical assistance and capacity development to GRB programme partners:
7. Manage people and financial resources of the GRB programme:
8. Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
9. Lead advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts for GRB programme:
10. Manage inter-agency coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence for the GRB in the Regional Office:
11. Oversee technical assistance and capacity development to programme partners:
Key Performance Indicators:
Required Skills and Experience
|Education and certification: