A theory of change describes the change that an organization wants to see in the world and the contributions that the organization makes. It provides the basis for the monitoring and evaluation indicators we use to measure the results of our work and our progress towards Fairtrade’s vision and strategy. We analysed 150 studies’ meta review vis a vis our theory of change to explain the impact Fairtrade has had in the last five years. In order to make the findings of the report easily accessible to our audience, we want to commission some communication collaterals for this report.
1. Commercial partners
2. Funding partners
3. General audience who may visit our website and want a snapshot of our results
4. Academics who would need our assumptions for evaluations
This is a call for tenders to support us with all or a few communication collaterals in line with our branding guidelines
Key Insight (Message)
Based on a series of rigorous studies, Fairtrade has made a difference in several areas in the last five years. Learnings from this exercise has informed our new strategy and the revised theory of change.
Collaterals for deliverables and Timelines
- Item 1: Summary
- Item 2: Infographic based on key findings or takeaways about Fairtrade’s impact in the last five years
a. We will create a word document with top level summary and key takeaways
b. The task will primarily focus on designing the visuals but we welcome inputs on getting the content right as well
- a. Web-ready PDF version of the summary and the infographic– 10 MB or less preferred; should have URL links embedded (if any)
- b. Print-ready PDF version (can be after web-ready version)
- c. Native files (e.g., InDesign) of the full report – at same time as print-ready version
- a. Deliverables must be designed according to Fairtrade brand guidelines, fonts and icons.
- b. A photo selection will be provided by Fairtrade International (via a collection in our photo system, Virtual Vault), designer can select from these for the layout, unless FI provides guidance on photos that go with specific content.
Guidance for proposals:
- a. The tendering period for this project is open from 4th October 2021-17th October 2021.
- b. We hope to have interviews/demos with successful teams or agencies the week of October 18th and a contract signed with the successful team/agency by end October.
- c. Please share with us your expertise and/or your organizational expertise in supporting us with this exercise.
We will work on a significant part of the content but also hope that apart from a design perspective you add your expertise to make the content easy to digest.
Essential selection criteria for this tender include:
- a. Fluent in English. Ability to easily explain and discuss technical issues with non-technically minded audiences.
- b. Demonstrated experience and success in creating design content
- c. Understanding of needs of non-governmental organizations and sustainability minded private
enterprises for visuals and communication related collaterals.
- d. Previous experience of working with INGOs and/or Fairtrade or other sustainability standards
Desirable selection criteria:
- a. Demonstrated understanding of Fairtrade principles, key tools and approaches, the Fairtrade Theory of Change, standards and farmer support, and Fairtrade structures, and
- b. Past experience in visualizing complex information in easy to understand visuals
- c. Ability to extract key messages from complex content
- d. Proof reading capacities
If you are interested in being considered for this assignment, please send a short proposal not exceeding he maximum of 5 pages, detailing:
(1) how you/your team/agency meets the selection criteria (including links to past relevant work and/or references from clients),
(2) describing the approach you would take to accomplish this assignment,
(3) a detailed project timeline,
(4) a budget (detailing, at a minimum) expected cost for each collateral, based on your best estimates given listed requirements. We request you to share proposals from a low and a high end estimates.
Please factor in feedback rounds with our communication team. For all costs, include a mandatory 19% VAT payable in Germany (as this is where Fairtrade International is headquartered).
Your submission of a proposal will be taken as de-facto consent to share your personal data with those on the selection committee. The contact persons at Fairtrade for this project is Harveen Kour, MEL Manager at Fairtrade International (h.kour @fairtrade.net).
All proposals should be before the deadline of 17th October1800 CET.