The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has received a grant for the implementation of the humanitarian aid, part of this operation is the provision of Desludging Services for Attica Sites. Therefore, the DRC requests you to submit price bid(s) for the supply of the services listed on the attached DRC Bid Form Annex A2. The Tender will conclude in a Purchase Agreement for a period of (12) twelve months, from date of signature, with possibility of extension period for another (6) six months.
This Statement of Work (SOW) describes the requirements for the delivery of Desludging regular services and on-demand services in Refugee and Migrant Hosting Site where the Danish Refugee Council is the Site Management Support actor, as following:
- The potential contractors should visit the sites before their bid submission, to identify all the required information for the service.
- The site visit is mandatory and shall be certified by the DRC Site Operations Representative. The contractor must fill the Site Visit Report form for further submission with the bid.
- The Site visit of the potential contractor shall be arranged three days in advance with DRC’s relevant staff.
- During the Desludging on site, the Contractor or his delegated person must be present to perform these Services.
- The Services cannot be subcontracted without DRC approval. In the event of a partial subcontracting, DRC must be aware of the subcontract terms during the bidding or the contractual period.
- Perform the Desludging of septic/holding tanks as per the approved schedule. Schedule (hours, number of tanks etc.) can be modified after request from Site Ops staff on each site.
- Transport the sewages to certified areas approved by the Authorities.
- Inspect before, during and the end of the desludging, if septic/holding tanks are empty and validate the appropriate condition of the tank.
- Report to the DRC Representative on each Site about the condition of septic/holding tanks.
- Report, to DRC Representative, any malfunction/failure, such as leakages, damages to tanks baffles, cracks, groundwater leaks, damaged or clogged pipes, etc.
- Provide the desludging services in multiple sites simultaneously.
- Implement Health and Safety conditions for sewage desludging Works, in accordance to the National Law.
- In emergency cases, the response time of the contractor will be maximum 3 hours after the call.
- In case of flooding (sewage or groundwater etc.), the Contractor shall provide the required number of trucks and any additional equipment such as pipes etc.
- The Contractor can be requested to facilitate urgent needs such as desludging/unclogging of clogged up collectors of storm waters, stagnant waters to cavities, or primary sewage collectors.
- Provide “Help Desk” services to facilitate the communications with DRC Site Representative of each Site.
- The Contractor will sign the appendix 2: “Service Monitoring Report”, after each intervention.
- The Contractor should closely monitor the total number of septic/holding tanks (knowing in advance which septic/holding tanks are about to overflow) and prioritize the desludging every time.
- In case of overflowed septic tanks and observation of significant amount of grey water (Site Operations team will determine that), the Contractor should clean the overflood sewage water by deposit it back to septic/holding tank (using portable pumps) and disinfect the area. The response time for this service shouldn’t be more than 24h after informing the Contractor and needs to be performed by extra staff, in order not to delay the casual routes which will lead to more overflowed septic/holding tanks.
- Check of the volume of the load of the truck can be requested on site from DRC staff anytime.
- The Contractor shall submit with the bid documents a description, with photographs if needed, of a proposed method of measuring the quantity of desludged material in each truck, at the Site, by DRC’s staff. The proposed method shall not require any special equipment, tools or knowledge. The method shall indicate a procedure of assuring that the truck is empty arriving in the Site and full or loaded with a measurable volume of desludged liquids leaving the Site.
- The total volume per month can be modified (with maximum the above cubic meters) upon demand from Site Operations staff on site.
- In Skaramagka hosting site, the estimated number of desludging with tanks of 27m3 is calculated at eleven (11) times per day and in Lavrio hosting site at twelve (12) times per week, accordingly.
- Trucks with tank volume less than 27m3 can be used, as long as their tank volume is bigger than 20m3..In this case the exact volume of the load that the trucks can carry must be declared.
- Checking the volume of the load of the truck will take place through gate control security services according the given SOP, and the drivers will facilitate this process. The truck must enter with empty tank and must leave the site fully loaded.
- The volume of truck’s tank will be measured at the beginning of the contract on site and if the tank is changed during the contract the characteristics of the new tank must be declared and be in accordance with the authorization licensing documentation.
- In case of increase of the current population, the cubic meters of the desludging services might also be increased, and the above schedule (hours, number of trucks etc.) will also be adjusted.
- Schedule can be modified (number of trucks, hours etc.) upon request from DRC staff.
- In Skaramagka hosting site, the contractor can do small rearrangements in schedule, by informing and taking the permission of DRC personnel, if daily needs demand to evacuate earlier a sewage tank.
- Daily monitoring and adjustments to schedule from DRC personnel is the Contractor’s responsibility.
- During desludging procedure, the area must be monitored from Contractor’s staff in order to avoid accidents.
- In Lavrio hosting site, the largest sewage tank (No1), must be at least 90% empty after desludging, each time.
- In Lavrio hosting site, there are two points of entrance. Each time the entrance gate of the desludging trucks will be indicated from DRC staff.
- Bids can be submitted by email ONLY to the following dedicated, controlled, & secure email address:
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.
Closing date and time for receipt of Tender Bids 16 April 2021, 13:00 PM Athens, Greece local time