The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has received a grant from Various Donors for the implementation of the humanitarian aid operation in Somalia. Part of this operation is the provision of Group Accident Insurance for 325 DRC National Staff Members Therefore, the DRC requests you to submit price bid(s) for the supply of the item(s) listed on the attached DRC Bid Form Annex A.
Danish Refugee Council seeks the provision of Group Accident Insurance for DRC national staff members that meets the requirements of the local labour laws of Somalia.
The estimated target group ranges from 200 to 325 employees for a period of 1 year 9 months from (1st April 2021 to 31st December 2022, both dates inclusive). Declarations will be made ahead of the new upcoming quarter and a close estimated number of staff will be indicated to facilitate the calculation of the premium due.
Proposals are invited from reputable insurance companies to provide Group Accident insurance, which must include but not limited to:-
- Accidental Death Lumpsum amount per individual
- Permanent Total/Partial Disablement Lumpsum amount per individual
- Temporary Total/ Partial Disablement Weekly Earnings/Benefit Period max.52 weeks
- Medical and Additional Expenses Excess Period 14 days
- Funeral Expenses Lumpsum amount per individual
- Artificial Appliances Lumpsum amount per individual
- Life Assistant Benefit Lumpsum amount per individual
- Extension to cover Terrorism Risks Lumpsum amount per individual
Other terms include:
- 24 hours coverage
- Staff members added promptly i.e. within 24 hours of notification;
- Monthly debit and credit notes for addition/deletion of staff members;
- Age limit: 70 years attained at inception
Submission through emails:
No Hard Copy Bids shall be submitted for this bid, but only electronic bids through 2 separate emails with a clear subject heading: to email address: [email protected]
RFP closure date and time: 4 February 2021, 04h30 PM, EAT – East Africa Time
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice