The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
IRI is an international non-profit organization, maintaining an office in Nairobi and registered according to relevant Kenyan laws. IRI employs Kenyans as local staff. IRI also enters into contracts with local companies and vendors for delivery of goods and services. IRI is looking for a qualified legal service provider to assist with these, and other, tasks, as well as providing general counsel on an as-needed basis regarding other potential legal considerations of IRI programming.
Period of Performance:
Date of Signature to April 14, 2022 with the option to extend for a total duration of up to 5 years up in four one-year increments.
Scope of Work and Deliverables:
The Contractor will provide legal guidance, advice, service and documentation for contractual and administrative concerns including but not limited to:
- Local labor laws and regulations.
- Immigration, foreign national work permits and visas.
- International non-governmental organization regulations, registration, compliance, filings and host-government relations
- Contractual matters for consultants, labor, vendors, and service providers for compliance with Kenya laws and regulations.
- Please include standard estimations alongside the requested services.
- IRI policy does not allow for legal services to be rendered through a retainer payment. (Instead) Contractor will charge a flat fee for agreed work based on the value of the subject matter.
- No other expenses and disbursements shall be charged to IRI.
- All costs should be in Kenya Shillings and will be paid through bank transfer.
- Contractor should be able to respond to IRI’s inquiries and requests satisfactorily within a reasonable time and be able to provide estimations of the level of effort (in terms of hours) required to complete a specific project.
Additionally, Contractor will provide legal services and consultations throughout the duration of the Agreement on a case-by-case basis to include but not limited to:
- General counsel related to operations, administration, or programming in Kenya.
- Representation in negotiations with contractors or Kenyan government.
- Preparation, negotiation, conclusion, and/or witness of basic employment and vendor agreements.
- Providing documentary evidence of counsel, services provided, or in support of IRI activities, and
- Representation in litigation.
Bids must be submitted via email to Jonathan Doernhofer, [email protected] with the subject line “AFRICA2021KENYA03o” by the deadline listed.
Questions Deadline: April 9, 2021
Closing Deadline: April 19, 2021
Point of Contact: Jonathan Doernhofer, [email protected]
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.