United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites specialized firms / institutions / partners to submit electronic proposals for a project on supporting media viability. The project aims to effect change amongst governments, donors and media institutions, therefore ensuring the future of a sustainable professional, independent, pluralist and diverse media sector. The project consists of four components. While partial bids are accepted per complete component, bidders are encouraged to apply for all four components where possible.
Component 1: Research and data collection
- Activity 1.1. Gather data and evidence concerning trends in media viability across the world.
Component 2: Chapter on “journalism as a public good”
- Activity 2.1: Produce a special chapter on the theme of “journalism as a public good” for the 2021 edition of the global report for UNESCO’s World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development series.
- Activity 2.2: Produce a visibility strategy and outreach plan with performance indicators. Develop promotional products tailored to each target audience, including digital native content.
Component 3: Knowledge exchanges and consultations on media viability
- Activity 3.1: Organize and support knowledge exchanges on media viability.
- Activity 3.2: Organize regional consultations to collectively develop possible solutions to preserve media independence and viability.
Component 4: Policy brief on the economic impact of COVID-19 on news media organizations
- Activity 4.1: Produce a policy brief on the economic impact of COVID-19 on news media organizations, with a focus on local media.
- Activity 4.2: Prepare and lead a visibility campaign for the policy brief.
The purpose of this notice is to provide general information on the requirements for the procurement process and to inform interested suppliers how to obtain a copy of the Solicitation Documents.
You are requested to acknowledge the receipt of this letter and to indicate whether or not you will be submitting a proposal. For this purpose, and for any requests for clarification, please submit your queries in writing by 20 November 2020 to [email protected]
Interested companies, institutions and partners who wish to participate in the OIC must request for a complete set of Solicitation Documents, available free of charge, from UNESCO contact person at the address shown below.
The technical and financial proposals, submitted through two separate emails, must be submitted to [email protected] on or before 4 December 2020 at 18h00 Paris time (17:00 UTC), in strict compliance with the instructions as stipulated in the Solicitation Documents.
UNESCO reserves the right to amend the documents at any time during the solicitation process. Any amendments or clarifications will be communicated directly to all Bidders who have requested for a complete set of solicitation documents and officially confirmed their intention to submit a sealed tender. No remuneration will be made to companies for preparation and submission of their tenders.