The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
IRI conducts a variety of workshops, trainings, conferences, and meetings at which Serbian, English, and other languages are spoken and written. In these cases, the participants and the trainers and/or IRI staff do not speak a common language and, therefore, professional translation of training materials, administrative materials, and other similar materials is required. IRI is accepting offers from one or more professional language translators or firms to provide translation services.
Period of Performance:
September 15, 2020 – September 14, 2021 with the option to extend for a total duration of up to 5 years up in four one-year increments.
Interested bidders must present the technical bids outlining the following information:
The Winning Bidder will provide:
- Professional written translation of documents to/from English and Serbian.
- Transcription/translation of audio/video (to/from English and Serbian).
Services will be provided on as-needed basis, including outside normal working hours and during weekends. Bidders should provide “normal” rates, for a five-business-day-or-less deadline (for up to moderate length documents), and “expedited” rates, for a 48-hour deadline.
If the Bidder is a U.S. organization/resident, or a foreign organization/resident which has income effectively connected with the conduct of activities in the U.S. or has an office or a place of business or a fiscal paying agent in the U.S., the technical bids must contain Bidder’s Taxpayer Identification Number.
Price information should be presented as a firm-fixed Unit Price for each of the deliverables identified below and in the format of the table below. Pricing must be valid for at least 60 (sixty) calendar days after the due date for proposal submission. The proposed Unit Price should be fixed and inclusive of all costs to perform, including inspection services, transportation, taxes, import duties (if any), and other levies. If there are any additional fees not reflected in the table below, such pricing must be fully described in the bid. Bids must be submitted in Euros; payments under any resulting contract will be made in this currency or in Serbian dinar (RSD) at the prevailing rate set by the National Bank of Serbia.
IFB Terms and Conditions:
- Prospective Bidders are requested to review clauses incorporated by reference in the section “Notice Listing Contract Clauses Incorporated by Reference”. By submitting a bid, bidder agrees to comply with all terms, conditions, and provisions included in the solicitation and agreement to the services identified above, and will specifically identify any disagreement with or exceptions to the terms, conditions, and provisions.
- IRI may reject any or all bids if such is within IRI’s interest.
- The Bidder’s initial bid should contain the Bidder’s best offer.
- IRI reserves the right to make multiple awards or partial awards if, after considering administrative burden, it is in IRI’s best interest to do so.
- Discussions with Bidders following the receipt of a bid do not constitute a rejection or counteroffer by IRI.
- IRI will hold all submissions as confidential and shall not be disclosed to third parties. IRI reserves the right to share bids internally, across divisions, for the purposes of evaluating the bids.
- If IRI continues to require the goods and services and the price remains reasonable and within market norms, resulting contract may be renewed each year for up to 5 years with 30 days’ notice to the Contractor. Bidder must establish any price increase for each renewal year in the initial bid.
- Bidders confirm that the prices in the bid/proposal/application/quote have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other bidder or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
- Bidders agree to disclose as part of the bid submission:
- Any close, familial, or financial relationships with IRI staff and agents. For example, the bidder must disclose if a bidder’s mother conducts volunteer trainings for IRI.
- Any family or financial relationship with other bidders submitting bids. For example, if the bidder’s father owns a company that is submitting another bid, the bidder must state this.
- Any other action that might be interpreted as potential conflict of interest.
- Bidders must:
- Have 5+ years of experience providing interpretation services in similar professional settings
- Have professional fluency in Serbian and English
- Able to provide all relevant equipment (either by direct ownership or ability to acquire by renting etc.)
- Proposals will not exceed 5 pages (not including cover page or attachment).
- Proposals must be presented as a menu of services IRI can request with 5 days’ notice. Contractors will only be paid upon completion of service.
- Proposals must indicate if they are able to provide interpretation between Serbian and English only or if they are able to provide interpretation between Serbian, English, and other European languages such as German, Italian, or French.
- Bids must be submitted via email to Tucker Jones, at [email protected] with the subject line “EUROPE2020SER04o IFB” by August 31, 2020.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice