The Counselling Psychologist will provide overall individual and group trauma counseling to survivors who are traumatized or exhibits symptoms and signs of stress and depression or other psychological disorder. Marital and family therapy will also be provided with counseling psychologist for returnees to address past trauma and concerns in their present life such as loss of family or properties or the challenges of daily life after returning including new forms of trauma that she/he may face through: – Formation and follow up of support group to enable traumatic clients to address emerging needs,
Formation of Psychotherapy groups will evolve into support groups where members who have formed bonds continue to offer each other support. The focus of the support group is to reinforce personal strategies to prevent and respond to trauma and to help them further build resilience. These groups will be encouraged to identify activities they would want to do together to further cement bonds. Alghad staffs will provide support by enriching discussions with talks, videos etc. Any relapse noted maybe referred back to a counselling psychologist .
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
1. Appropriate undergraduate tertiary qualifications in the social or behavioural sciences.
2. Demonstrated experience, and theoretical knowledge of crisis and trauma counselling clients in a variety of settings, for example individuals, couples, children, young people, families and groups.
3. Demonstrated skills and experience in working within a case management model, including capacity to manage complex case needs while balancing time constraints.
4. Knowledge and application of relevant legislation and regulations relating to trauma counselling.
5. Demonstrated competency in computer use (Microsoft Office, email and ability to learn new programs).
6. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
7. Ability to work with diverse groups such as young people, women, people with an intellectual disability, Aboriginal people, Torres Strait Islanders, and people from different socio economic backgrounds.
8. Ability to work as a team member within the ethos and values of the Iraqi Law of Work .
How To Apply
Application should contain the following two attachments:
- Cover letter (Word or PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae (Word or PDF)
- Two up to date and recent references required (write in CV).
Please submit your CV in English to [email protected] and with “ Trauma Counselor – Nin” in the subject line
The deadline is 21 October 2021, by 4:30 pm. Only short-listed applications will subsequently be called for interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The short listed candidates will have to travel at their own expense to the place of recruitment. No compensation whatsoever will be given for transport or other.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.