Public Financial Management Manager _ Baghdad
Fulltime- Long term contract
October 14, 2021
October 28, 2021
The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
- Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
- Improve public financial management
- Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
- Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The Public Financial Management Manager will support the Public Financial Management Lead by providing public financial management technical leadership to all IGPA provincial public financial management technical long term and short-term staff and activities.
The Public Financial Management Program Manager will technically lead designing public financial management program activities related to planning and budgeting, financial management, and local revenue program activities and other related public financial management activities and support regional coordinators in implementing those activities in accordance with the project’s annual workplan. The Public Financial Management manager will ensure preparation of public financial management activities scope of works, RFPs and STTA and subcontractor deliverable schedules. The Public Financial Management Manager will also provide technical oversight during the implementation of Public Financial Management activities in accordance with the project’s annual work plan.
The Public Financial Management Manager will undertake a wide range of management and support tasks, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage service public financial management activities.
- Provide technical assistance planning and budgeting, financial management, and local revenue program activities and other related public financial management activities at the provincial level;
- Review and participate in the evaluation of technical proposals and provide recommendations;
- Conduct or oversee assessments and reviews of public financial management processes and manage training and capacity building programs implemented to improve public financial management processes at the provincial level.
- Help identify short and medium-term solutions for delivery of public financial management areas in accordance with the approval annual project workplan.
- Provide technical oversight to the regional offices of IGPA to ensure they are critically evaluating project outputs, evaluating for reliability, appropriateness, and completeness as well as advising methodologies for improvements;
- Work with regional offices to provide technical oversight to the implementation of workplan activities.
- Serve as the TAMIS and M&E focal points.
- Ensure TAMIS activity closeout through working with appropriate departments on the Ops side of the house.
- Facilitate the review of public financial management technical activities implementation, based upon available data and key informants. Considering issues for improving provincial public financial management, guiding and advising local implementers on activity design and implementation;
- Develop scopes of works for required STTAs, subcontracts and participate, as required, in the process of vendor and STTA selection.
- Technical review of all documents produced by the regional teams, including meeting minutes, MOUs, and proposed action plans. Furthermore, the successful candidate should support the local teams and staff in producing such documents, as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Public Financial Management Lead.
- Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of DAI in coordinating the Public Financial Management program activities and in interacting with all project staff, government counterparts and implementers.
- Follow and enforce all DAI codes of conduct, including but not limited to the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct and Drug and Alcohol Policy. Report any violations to appropriate IGPA authority and participate in preventative initiatives.
- Follow and enforce all DAI organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to personnel, security, communications, finance, procurement, and logistics. Report any violations to appropriate DAI authority.
- Actively seek opportunities that will complement ability to fulfill position’s responsibilities as well as further professional development, such as taking part in internal and external trainings and participating on relevant advisory boards.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Senior level public financial management expertise. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, public policy, public administration. Master’s degree in accounting, finance, public policy, public administration is preferred.
- Significant experience (as outlined in above qualification) advising national and subnational government agencies and/or international donors on public financial management improvements in such areas as planning and budgeting, financial management, resource mobilization and local revenues and other related areas.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development and implementation of strategic communications efforts related to public financial management improvement initiatives at the provincial level;
- Experience providing technical assistance in conflict/post-conflict, transitional, or developing country environments, previous experience in Iraq will be an advantage;
- Experience managing activities in compliance with USAID environmental regulations;
- Native Arabic speaker with oral and written fluency in English.
How to apply:
- You can address your application to: [email protected]
Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. This position is for Iraqi nationals only.