Internal/ External Vacancy Notice
The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Baghdad
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open ended contract)
Location: Iraq – Baghdad
Date of Issue: 15 February 2021
Deadline for applications: 01 March 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for more than 30 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Receptionist is the visitors’ first point of contact and performs various administrative tasks, including allow access to other employees, answer phones, transfer calls, schedule appointments, answer questions, give directions and manage the flow of traffic in the delegation office. In addition, the successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard work, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes all visitors arriving to the building and directs them as necessary;
- Answer and redirects incoming calls and answer’s callers’ questions;
- Ensures lines are functioning properly at all lines, coordinates with ICT and Information Management team when problems occur;
- Keeps the relevant contact lists of the Delegation up to date;
- In collaboration with the Information Management team, prepares, sends and receives the pouch as requested and follows up the receipt confirmation messages;
- Assist the Information Management team in running regular inventories for the department stationaries;
- Updates phone lists and routes to appropriate departments/personnel;
- Presents a professional and positive demeanor and image at all times;
- Keeps the reception area organized and free of extraneous materials;
- Recommends improvements to existing processes and procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency within the reception area.
- Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with the ICRC policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or university Bachelors degree.
- 1 year work experience in a similar function.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Very good computer skills.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in an efficient and professional manner.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Beneficiary and Client focused
- Representing the ICRC
- Teamworking and Collaboration
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to ([email protected])
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter how (ngotenders.net) you have heard about this position.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).