REQUEST FOR BIDS – Procurement of works of construction of irrigation infrastructure in Puntland, Somalia. (Re-Advertisement)
Opening Date: 29ThJanuary 2021
Closing Date: 26thFebruary 2021
- Please see complete REQUEST FOR BIDS and BIDDING DOCUMENTS at the following link:
National Competitive Bidding
Tender No:REF: FSSFS-CEFA08 – LOT 2
Re: CONSTRUCTION OF IRRIGATION INFRASTRUCTURE IN PUNTLAND, SOMALIA– FSSFS-CEFA08-LOT2
- CEFA – European Committee for Training and Agriculture has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (“the Fund”) and the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development (AICS) – the financing of which is being administered by the Fund –of “Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations” – FSSFS Project, and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan/grant to eligible payments under this contract. No parties other than CEFA shall derive any rights from the financing agreement or have any claim to financing proceeds.
- The “Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations” – FSSFS is a four-year project that will be carried out in the regions of Bari and Nugaal in Puntland State of Somalia. It includes three main components:
Component A: IRRIGATION AND CLIMATE-SMART TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPMENT
- Support to the sustainable management of the irrigation infrastructures.
- Construction and Rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructures.
- Application of climate smart technologies for irrigation infrastructures.
- Training farmers on sustainable agriculture practices and techniques, with a specific focus on the palm dates value chain.
- Support in developing a private sector led supply of inputs.
- Value chain capacity building for private sector traders, businessmen and producers.
- Establishment of a date processing unit.
- Value chain capacity building for private sector traders, businessmen and producers
- Introduction and adoption of a ‘Holistic Natural Resources Management’ (HNRM) approach for sustainable management of rangelands
- Increase small ruminant productivity through genetic improvement and feed technology.
- Capacity building for public (Veterinary Officers) and private (CAHWs – Community Animal Health Workers) and public veterinary service providers on disease control.
- Deployment of a methodology for Livestock Body Condition Scoring and Assessment
Component C: CAPITALIZATION OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
- Promote and strengthen collaboration with agricultural extension service providers and local authorities through short courses, workshops and provision of critical research inputs
- Capitalization of Knowledge and Documentation of Best Practices
- The Purchaser now invites sealed bids from eligible entities (“Bidders”) for the Construction of Irrigation infrastructure. The works and the contract expected to be awarded, are divided into the following 3 (Three) sub-lots as follows:
|LOT 2 – Irrigation Network|
|Lot 2-A||Lacdeere||1 farm measuring appx. 1 ha each||Irrigation network – Date Palm (Conveyance/Distribution & Bubbler Application)|
|Lot 2-B||Dolcadale||3 farms measuring appx. 1 ha each||Irrigation network – Date Palm (Conveyance/Distribution & Bubbler Application)|
|Lot 2-C||Cuun||3 farms measuring appx. 1 ha each||Irrigation network – Date Palm (Conveyance/Distribution & Bubbler Application)|
More details on these works are provided in the Technical Specifications, BoQ and Drawings this Bidding Document.
- This RFB is open to all eligible Bidders who wish to respond. Subject to restrictions noted in the Bidding Document, eligible entities may associate with other Bidders to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment.
- Bidding will be conducted using the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) method, the evaluation procedure for which is described in this Bidding Document, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook which is provided on the IFAD website [https://www.ifad.org/documents/38711624/39421018/proc_handbook_e.pdf/2febc53a-4244-4447-a788-d06a632fd3b5]. The ICB process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Bidders interested shall submit their Bids by sending them to the address below or via an e-mail or, giving full contact details of the Bidder, to the following point of contact.
CEFA Regional Office in Nairobi/
General Mathenge Lane, off General Mathenge Drive, Westlands, Nairobi
Attn: Fulvio Giberti – CEFA Program Manager
Or alternatively to the following email address:
- Bids must be delivered to the address and in the manner specified in section 2 (ITB) no later than 26 February 2021 at 17.00hrs EAT
- Bidders should be aware that late bids will not be accepted under any circumstance and will be returned unopened at the written request and cost of the Bidder.
- Please note that electronic Bids shall be accepted.
- To help us with our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.