26th February 2021
CDP Global Scoring Partner
Request for Proposal
CDP runs the global environmental disclosure system. Each year CDP supports thousands of companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their risks and opportunities on climate change, water security and deforestation. We do so at the request of their investors, purchasers and city stakeholders. As part of this yearly cycle, CDP scores the responses of thousands of companies and hundreds of cities. We are currently seeking expressions of interest from organizations to become our main scoring partner for the 2021 scoring cycle. For more information on CDP more broadly please visit: https://www.cdp.net/en/info/about-us/what-we-do
CDP Scoring and process
CDP produces highly regarded scoring methodologies in order to assess the responses companies provide to our questionnaires. We develop methodologies for the assessment of City responses, Corporate Climate Change, Corporate Water and Corporate Forest responses. The corporate responses, questionnaires and methodology are sector specific, however the base of it remains a general set of questions, for example some sectors will only have a couple of extra questions added from the general questionnaire.
Once the deadline for responses has passed, CDP gathers all of the submitted data, processes the data, and sends scoring templates to our scoring partner and gives them access to company responses, under an NDA, for them to assess said responses and input the numerical value into the scoring template. The bulk of this work is to be carried out for 2 months – August and September 2021. With training provided by CDP for scoring partner resources. This training will require scoring partner resources are engaged in training for a minimum of 3 weeks fulltime during July.
In-depth information on the process and methodologies can be found here: https://www.cdp.net/en/guidance/guidance-for-companies https://www.cdp.net/en/guidance/guidance-for-cities
We are seeking an organization that will :
- Successfully become proficient in all of our methodologies and pass our certification process. The certification is a process through which we test, through various exercises, the partners understanding of the methodologies in order for them to be prepared for the scoring cycle. It is expected that the certification process should not take more than 6 weeks part-time, or 3 weeks fulltime. Training and certification should be completed by end of July. (CDP will reserve the right to request resource changes until all required scoring partner resources have successfully passed the certification process).
- Provide all scores back with a high degree of accuracy (above 95%) within 8 weeks of data being shared with the partner.
|Expected volumes and effort for 2021|
|volume (in||volume in||volume in||volume in||score time|
|( in hours)|
*The numbers are currently provisional, and we reserve the right to an up to 15% amendment.
Please note that we are looking for one scoring partner to score all above themes and languages.
Required skills, knowledge and availability
The CDP scoring partner shall have:
- A relevant knowledge of corporate sustainability as it pertains to Climate change, Deforestation and Water Security
- An internal quality control mechanism to ensure that all of its individual scorers are applying the methodology correctly and consistently
- Strong project management experience
- A workflow management system to control and manage process of scoring and quality assurance
- Ability to deliver high quality results in tight deadlines
- A collaborative work style and the ability to work through challenges
- Proficiency in Excel
- Required language skills to score responses in English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Chinese
How to submit a proposal
- Please send proposals via email to [email protected] by 12th of March 2021.
Proposals must include the following:
- Details of experience and knowledge of corporate sustainability, or how this would be obtained.
- A brief biography of key individuals that will be involved and managing the scoring process in the organization
- Proposed costs and project plan
- Availability for the work period and the number of resources expected to work on scoring, including project managers, during the requested period
- Please confirm that your organization has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and provide details of your published policy. For information, CDP
Worldwide’s policy is attached in the Appendix.
For any questions regarding the requests outlined above please contact [email protected]
CDP Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
CDP-WW strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in its operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organization or in any of our supply chains. We expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
CDP-WW expects everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery:
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery in our organization and our supply chains.
- The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our organization or supply chain is the responsibility of all those working for us or on our behalf. CDP-WW staff and contractors must not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
- We are committed to engaging with our stakeholders and suppliers to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain.
- If we find that other individuals or organizations working on our behalf have breached this policy, we will ensure that we take appropriate action. This may range from considering the possibility of breaches being remediated and whether that might represent the best outcome for those individuals impacted by the breach to terminating such relationships.