Call for Tender
Review of the Standard for Gold and Associated Precious Metals for Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining Organizations
16th of September 2021
A) The review of the Fairtrade Standard for Gold and Associated Precious Metals for Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining is ongoing as part of the regular 5-year monitoring and review cycle. The objective of this review is to address and find solutions for identified problems or issues with the Fairtrade Standard for Gold and Associated Precious Metals for Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining. The revision of the Fairtrade Standard for Gold and Associated Precious Metals is a key instrument to align the standard with the market needs and producer realities. You can find more information in the project assignment.
B) All Fairtrade standards have strong requirements related to labour rights and industrial relations. The development and the support to implement these requirements are a key part of the work of S&P
Overall objective: To support the Review of the Fairtrade Standard for Gold and Associated Precious Metals for Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining Organizations with expertise in relevant areas of Fairtrade, Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining Organizations, trade and supply chains. To support the work of Fairtrade International regarding development and implementation of labour related requirements with relevant expertise.
- Review information available and results of work undertaken in the gold standard review project so far;
- Communication with project managers and Fairtrade International experts regarding Gold Standard and labour rights related requirements
- Revised and new standard requirements related to Gold and Associated Precious Metals;
- Consultation document related to Gold and Associated Precious Metals
- Support analysis of the consultation input
- Finalized Standards requirements after consultation related to Gold and Associated Precious Metals
- Expert feedback, draft requirements, monitoring of standard requirements and support in implementation of labour related standard requirements on request
- Support in topics related to labour rights and industrial relations in Latin America to be further specified in discussion with in-house experts
Up to 25 working days between October 2021 and December 2022, for a maximum amount of 12.000 EUR excl. VAT
- The consultant should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Precious Metals, Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining; Fairtrade; trade and supply chains; and 3rd party certification;
- Knowledge of labour laws, industrial relations in Latin America and labour related requirements in the Fairtrade Standards
- Familiarity with the work of Standards & Pricing and development of Fairtrade Standards;
- Experience in editing and creating consultation proposals and standards requirements, including plain English;
- Involvement in similar projects.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION DETAILS
Please submit your proposals by the 30th of September 2021 to [email protected]
It should include:
- Explanation of how you meet the required profile;
- Examples of any relevant/similar past work; and
- Estimated costs.