Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions, and stabilization in conflict and post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm currently has field presence in over 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Sr. Financial Officer for the anticipated USAID-funded Bridge to Middle School Project in Morocco. Based in Rabat, the project will support the Ministry of Education (MOE) in improving students’ ability to master keys skills in the upper primary and middle school grades (junior secondary). The project will: a) improve the ability of teachers to teach critical thinking, literacy, math, and science skills in upper primary grades; b) support the MOE’s ability to provide high quality literacy and instruction in Arabic and English in middle school; and c) support the MOE’s ability to provide high quality science, technology, and math in middle school.
Position Start Date:AnticipatedMarch 2022
The Senior Financial Officer wilresponsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Administrative and Finance Directorl be
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures.
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Track the transfer of funds in the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data.
- Review and oversee the invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Maintain database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers.
- Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing Creative and USAID policies, procedures, and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising on banking issues s needed
- Provides updated monthly cost reports and drafts quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information
- Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers
- Works closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and responds to any inquiries they may have
- Other related duties as assigned.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or an additional two years of experience in lieu of the degree
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the field of finance/accounting
- Knowledge of Moroccan laws, accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations, and labor laws
- Strong familiarity with USAID Rules and Regulations
- Fluency in Arabic is required. Working proficiencyin English is desired
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web ngotenders.net