Position: Software Developer
Location: La Marsa, Tunisia
Start date: ASAP
Type of contract: 6 months’ contract renewable, with 3 months’ probationary period.
Application Deadline: 18th of July 2021. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
WeWorld-GVC, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
Purpose of the Role
In the framework of upgrading its project management software and databases, WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a Software Developer to be seconded to work with an external contractor.
The developer will be operating under the management of the project manager designated by the contractor.
They will be the day-to-day representative of the organization and will be required to develop code along with the contractor’s team, understand the technical details of the software being developed and coordinate occasionally with the Digital solutions specialist to make sure that the project development timeline and roadmap is aligned between WeWorld-GVC and the organization.
Main functions and duties
- Support the contractor in developing and maintaining the project management database, in coordination with the Digital Solutions Specialist and the Project Manager.
- Troubleshoot, debug and update existing systems.
- Produce efficient code based on contractor specifications and guidelines.
- Ensure project activities follow a participatory approach, involving stakeholders’, listening to and addressing their concerns.
- Maintain regular communication with the Digital Solution Specialist and Project Managers in coordination mechanisms, providing feedback to the members.
- Identify technical areas for modification in the programs/systems and propose, agree and implement operational practicality in coordination with the team.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, ICT-related field or similar subject.
- Knowledge of Python development language.
- Knowledge of methodologies such as Agile and/or Prince2.
- Sound knowledge in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Deep understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Good general knowledge of IT applications and services.
- Ability to learn emerging technologies and potential application on operations environments.
- Fluent in English.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer.
- Skilled in the use of GitHub computer-based Project Management tools
- Track record of ICT product development and implementation.
- Experienced in project lifecycle for application development: realization of proposed solution, testing and implementation.
- Professional level of specialized knowledge and technical/functional skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong flexibility and capacity to adapt behavior to the needs of the situation.
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution.
- Attention to details.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with stakeholders.
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with contractors and stakeholders on critical issues.
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong commitment to the Mission of We World-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics.
- Knowledge of other front-end languages, such as Typescript and7or Angular.
- Knowledge of development framework, such as Laravel/Django.
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus.
- Previous work experience in NGOs will be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Arabic.
How to apply
- Interested candidates should submit their CV and Motivation Letter with 2 references to [email protected]
with the subject: “Software Developer_Name and Surname of the Candidate”.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.
Only preselected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be awarded before the deadline.