Request for Proposal (RFP)
Youth Political Engagement Consultation
National Democratic Institute
National Democratic Institute (NDI or the Institute) has actively supported Ukrainian efforts to strengthen democratic institutions and advance democratic reforms since 1992. NDI has recently redoubled efforts to engage the youth wings of Ukrainian political parties, and to encourage young people to engage in the political process, and will organize a series of consultations in the coming year.
NDI is conducting activities to encourage youth political participation across two program areas:
- Political party-specific trainings and consultations with youth wings that address topics, such as: strategic planning, membership development, networking, and training curriculum development.
- Consultations with youth civil society organizations (CSOs) in specified regions of Ukraine focused on developing strategies for promoting youth political participation.
NDI is soliciting proposals from qualified vendors to provide technical assistance under both program areas from late April 2021 to December 2021. As a result of this RFP, NDI anticipates issuing a master services agreement (MSA)–or possibly multiple MSAs–to establish a rate structure and procedures for ordering these services under future Task Orders. Potential vendors are invited to submit bids for one or both program areas.
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK
NDI intends to procure services of reputable and qualified vendor(s) to provide technical assistance for the Institute’s youth engagement programs in Ukraine. Specific deliverables will be outlined in engagement-specific Task Orders as defined by NDI; however, a general scope work and illustrative activities under both program areas include:
Youth Party Wing Consultations and Trainings
Develop and deliver assessments and consultations with political party youth wings, to promote inclusive and sustainable structures within political parties. Deliverables could include:
- Development and delivery of trainings, workshops and forums on youth political participation, leadership skills, grassroots organizing, staff management, digital infrastructure and other topics as defined by assessed needs
- Development and facilitation of a youth mentorship program;
- Facilitation of relationships between Ukrainian youth wings and their counterparts in other countries; and
- Other needs identified through assessments and consultations that support the overall delivery of NDI’s program objectives.
Youth CSO Engagement Consultations
Develop and deliver a series of trainings using comparative international experiences related to youth political participation through CSOs. Sessions could include, but are not limited to, the following themes and topics:
- Why young people should be involved politics and what they bring to the table
- Practical instruments for youth political engagement
- Successful cases of different European countries in youth political participation
- Best practice in strengthening local youth councils (or equivalent bodies) and their engagement with local youth in other country/ies
In addition to developing the aforementioned sessions, the selected vendor(s) would work with NDI partner organizations to help improve their strategies, messaging and content around youth political participation through feedback sessions. This could include written assessments and/or coaching to the partner organization on their analysis of all aspects of the program design, implementation and strategy with recommendations on further improvement.
Due to the Covid-19 situation in Ukraine, all work under this RFP will be conducted remotely at the start of any resulting agreement(s). If NDI and the successful vendor(s) mutually determine global health conditions have improved at a later date, travel to Ukraine may be considered.
Submissions are due by April 7, 2021. Early submissions are encouraged. Deadline extended until April 21, 2021.
The vendor agreement is expected to start in late April 2021 for an initial six month period, with the possibility of extension based on performance, program need and budget availability in six month increments for up to 18 months.
Task orders for specific program components will be issued as needed during this timeframe.
Potential vendors should submit a written proposal to NDI by the aforementioned deadline for full consideration. The proposal should include:
General information and background on the vendor. Individual consultants should provide a CV; firms should provide the CV of key personnel proposed along with a corporate profile;
- A list of previous clients, with specific experience in Ukraine highlighted
- Detailed description of past experiences conducting the types of consultations NDI is seeking to contract
- In this section, please articulate if any past work illustrates the vendor’s understanding of the political environment, political players, and historical context.
- Please provide at least two references for past work.
- A sample training agenda on a relevant topic or past deliverable (such as presentation, manual, handbook or other item) that illustrates expertise in subject matter;
- Daily or hourly rate for each individual proposed to support this RFP and any other costs (excluding travel expenses);
- Please indicate if you have other major contractual commitments of any key personnel that would prevent reasonable completion of any Task Orders during the performance period; and
- Estimated level of effort (number of days) to complete the deliverables identified in the sample Task Order attached to this RFP
CONTACT DETAILS AND SUBMISSION DEADLINE
NDI will evaluate bids based on the vendor’s ability to meet the description of product needed, experience and price. NDI reserves the rights to reject any and all bids. NDI reserves the right to consider bids for modification at any time before a contract is awarded. NDI should not be liable for any costs associated with the preparation, transmittal, or presentation materials submitted in response to the RFP. Proposals are expected to be binding for a period of two years from the published response date.
Bidders must provide disclosure of any known past, present or future relationships with any parties associated with NDI. For example, applicants should disclose if a member of their Board is also a member of NDI’s Board currently or in the past. The bidder also certifies that the prices offered were arrived at independently and without the purpose of restricting competition with other offerers, including but not limited to subsidiaries and that prices have not been and will not be knowingly disclosed to any other offerer unless required by law. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in NDI having to re-evaluate the selection of a potential bid.
INFORMATION ABOUT NDI
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. NDI has been supporting local democratization efforts in Ukraine since 1992.
For more information about NDI, please visit: www.ndi.org.
12 Apr 2021The deadline for this notice has been extended to 21 April 2021.