The International Coalition Sites of Conscience is a global network of museums, memorials, historic sites and memory initiatives dedicated to remembering past struggles for justice and addressing their contemporary legacies. Sites of Conscience, like the Tenement Museum in the United States, the Liberation War Museum in Bangladesh, and the District Six Museum in South Africa, foster public dialogue on social issues to build lasting cultures of human rights. The Coalition provides member sites with direct funding for civic engagement programs, organizes learning exchanges ranging from one-on-one collaborations to international conferences, and conducts strategic advocacy for sites and the Sites of Conscience movement. Currently, the Coalition includes more than 300 member sites in 65 countries with total annual visitors in the tens of millions. For more information, visit www.sitesofconscience.org.
The Administrative Assistant will (75%) provide the Methodology and Practice department with logistics support for projects, processing and coordination of membership applications and renewals, and day-to-day operational assistance. In addition, this position will provide direct administrative support to the Executive Director (25%) This position reports to the Director of Methodology and Practice with a dotted line report to the Executive Director. It requires a self-starter who prioritizes working collaboratively and is committed to the Coalition’s vision for supporting sites in engaging the past to build more just and humane futures.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Technical setup and logistical management of MP webinars, trainings, online conferences, and other virtual programming, including event creation and outreach, day of logistics, and post session evaluation
· Support the IMLS funded Social Resilience project by liaising with members, collecting and organizing program materials, updating Development, and tracking required participant responses
· Coordinate member application and renewal process, including the following tasks:
- Receiving, processing, and gathering internal response for new applications
- Receiving and processing renewals
- Keeping membership database up to date
- Respond to existing and prospective membership information requests
· Collect and collate department impact and evaluation data for reporting to communications and development departments
· Prepare materials for public sharing and upload to the online resource center
· Coordinate translation of written and recorded materials
· Support the day-to day-work of the MP department including assisting with scheduling, expense processing, meeting and program logistics, and communications
· Provide administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) including the following tasks:
- Manage ED’s meeting schedule
- Respond to ED’s email requests as needed
- Coordinate ED’s travel arrangements
- Manage ED’s expense processing
- Support the development of ED’s public presentations
- Manage quarterly Board meeting logistics
· Other tasks as required
· One to two years relevant non-profit experience
- Excellent spoken and written English required
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic or French preferred
- Detail oriented with strong information management skills
- Good communication and design skills
- Experience in project management in a non-profit environment
- Experience creating and managing virtual events
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a multinational, decentralized, and project-driven team
- Interest in museums and historic sites, history, memory, international relations, human rights, or transitional justice
- Flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness and the ability to work independently
How to apply
The Coalition can respond only to candidates whose experience qualifies them for an interview. This search will remain open until the position is filled, early applicants have the advantage.
The International Coalition of Sites of Conscience is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.