Desired start date: April 19, 2021
Duration of the mission: 1 year
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
Today, SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address the primary needs of crisis-affected people in terms of: food security, livelihood (FSL), disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, through an integrated disaster risk reduction approach; and by taking into account the effects of climate change; whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI operates through 3 core stages of intervention: rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency // early recovery & transitional periods // development.
The mission’s 4 key strategic objectives:
- Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalization through inclusive programming and protection.
Today, the mission has 4 bases, and 1 coordination office in Cox’s Bazar.
To learn more about the Bangladesh mission, please click here.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Administrative Manager is in charge of supervision of the Finance and HR departments at the field level in Teknaf base.
- She/He will ensure that SI processes and procedures are existing, respected at the field level and facilitates/coordinates the work of these departments with programs and logistics teams but also relevant Coordinators in Coxs Bazar
- She/He is responsible for implementing and monitoring, in close collaboration with the Finance and HR coordinators, administrative, financial and HR procedures on the different bases
- She/He is responsible of administrative management at base level, of budgetary and financial monitoring.
- She/He manages the administrative teams of Teknaf.
- She/He manages the cash processes (cash transfer, donor payment…) at base level under the supervision of the Field Coordinator.
- She/He is in charge of the good management of the human resources of the base.
- She/He ensures that SI’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented.
In Teknaf, the yearly projects amount is approx. EUR 4 million, and there are 160 national employees and 5 expatriates’ employees.
The Admin Manager in Teknaf base will be responsible for both department Finance and HR and under the direct supervision of Field Coordinator.
The coordination is based in Cox Bazar (technical coordination), with frequent visit to the base to support the implementation.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Oversee the administrative (HR & Finance) Management of the Field Base. Ensure that financial procedures are respected and understood by all departments’ staff and actively support as needed, including the planning, Budget Follow up, authorization of expenses, and reporting.
- Ensure the good implementation of recently implemented field volunteers cash payment process.
- Ensure regular update of BFU/OFU/LFU tools with proper communication/training of logistic and program team (different zones and managers)
- Coaching Deputy HR Manager especially regarding recruitment process, EAP and update of information in HOMERE
- Accompany Deputy HR Manager in the training/capacity building of the newly recruited HR Manager Assistant.
- Clarify each team member’s responsibilities within Teknaf HR department according to the new structure (1 Dep HR Manager et 1 HR Manager Assistant)
- Accompany staffs’ communications (with staff representatives) linked with restructuration
- Ensure quality of payroll calculation
You will have up to 4 direct reports:
- 1 Deputy HR manager
- 2 Finance manager Assistants
- 1 Cash Transfer Officer
You will be directly reporting to the Field Coordinator Teknaf; but also to the Finance and HR Coordinators who are based in Cox’s Bazar.
- Large size and natures of operations (with more than 160 base staff), including emergency projects having tight implementation timeframes, requiring capacity to work under pressure.
- Wide range of donors grants requiring good attention to details and organization capacities. That makes financial management especially challenging and requires a very frequent level of communication with programs department.
Priorities for the first months:
- Implement CASH Management SOP for Teknaf Base in collaboration with Field coordination and Finance coordinator for cash security
- Ensure that Operational Advances process is respected
- Continue organization of field payments for FSL Project
- Providing support in the respect of the administrative calendar at base level.
- Continue training of Activity Manager/Dep Log Manager on OFU/LFU tool
- Providing support in the recruitment process to enhance the delays and FU on it and ensure transparency and accountability in our selection methods.
- Organize regular workshop on EAP, Recruitment process and CEC
- Support Deputy HR manager to enter in HOMERE all relevant information (details regarding EOC, training, EAP etc).
- Disseminate the changes done in the new ISR through Workshop
- Organize induction session on a monthly basis for the newcomers as well as for staff requesting for a refreshment session
- Ensure the follow-up of the training plan
Post graduate level in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of international experience in a humanitarian or development NGO in administrative sector;
- Previous experience as Finance or Administrative Manager/Coordinator, handling big workload volume on base or coordination level.
- Previous experience and reliability in handling budgets and HR procedures (admin profile is an asset)
- Proven experience as an efficient and effective team manager, mainly in capacity building/coaching
- Previous experiences with Solidarités International on support position are strongly appreciated
- Good organizational and coordination skills;
- Good capacity building and staff follow up skills;
- Previous experience in Bangladesh is an asset
- Previous experience with SI is an asset
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Strong diplomatic and smooth leadership skills is essential;
- Skills in creating and developing a good working environment and team cohesion in and out support department.
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
Bilingual in English, written and spoken.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
According to experience, starting from EUR 1800 gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. EUR 1980 gross per month) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 450.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
The Admin Manager will be living in a shared guesthouse with other expatriates.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI).
In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The office and guesthouse in Dhaka, Cox and Teknaf are comfortable, well located in terms of security, adapted to SI team’s needs, and assuring to international staff the minimum standard in terms of privacy and comfort. The working environment is positive and the context, differently in each locations, give different opportunities of social life, especially in Cox’s Bazar, one of the most touristic cities of the country, hosting the majority of humanitarian actors.
Please note that the Bangladesh mission is adapting its way of working and living to minimize the exposure to COVID19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing and strict hygienic rules, such as handwashing, wearing a mask etc.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?i….
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.